That grey (Sync) wire.

Statie458

Nov 10, 2019
Rutland, Massachusetts
Hi folks, I have a bit of a tech question that I hope someone could provide some insight. But just to give everyone an idea of what I'm running:

1, First and foremost all equipment I have installed is made by Whelen.

2, I Have a HHS2200 that powers two ULF44. (Let call them A: for the front and B: for the rear)

A, powers all the front lights which consist of 6 Microns.

B, The second ULF44 powers all the rear equipment, that consists of six Ions in the rear deck. Eight vertex's (vertexi?) in the rear trunk lid and rear corner lights. And, finely two microns by the rear license plate.

Every light head was set to steady burn before installation with the idea I could change flash patterns with the remote. So on the remote I have Back, Front and All. I programed the HHS2200 to have three of the outlets set to momentary on/off. I then fed those outlets via a splice to both of the ULF44's input terminals to control Low Power, Pattern Override, and Scan-Lock™ features. I then wired the two ULF44 Sync terminals to each other.

So the question I have is would there be anything beneficial by connecting every individuals light heads Grey SYNC wire together and then to their respective ULF44 controller, the way I have the car wired up now works well but I was wondering if could I get more out of the equipment I have?

I'm a novists on this stuff at best so any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again.
~Mike

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Hi folks, I have a bit of a tech question that I hope someone could provide some insight. But just to give everyone an idea of what I'm running:

1, First and foremost all equipment I have installed is made by Whelen.

2, I Have a HHS2200 that powers two ULF44. (Let call them A: for the front and B: for the rear)

A, powers all the front lights which consist of 6 Microns.

B, The second ULF44 powers all the rear equipment, that consists of six Ions in the rear deck. Eight vertex's (vertexi?) in the rear trunk lid and rear corner lights. And, finely two microns by the rear license plate.

Every light head was set to steady burn before installation with the idea I could change flash patterns with the remote. So on the remote I have Back, Front and All. I programed the HHS2200 to have three of the outlets set to momentary on/off. I then fed those outlets via a splice to both of the ULF44's input terminals to control Low Power, Pattern Override, and Scan-Lock™ features. I then wired the two ULF44 Sync terminals to each other.

So the question I have is would there be anything beneficial by connecting every individuals light heads Grey SYNC wire together and then to their respective ULF44 controller, the way I have the car wired up now works well but I was wondering if could I get more out of the equipment I have?

I'm a novists on this stuff at best so any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again.
~Mike
No, if your lightheads are being flashed by a ULF, do not hook up the sync wires on the lightheads.

You are actually lucky that you decided to go the ulf route, because you couldn’t sync that many lightheads together anyways. I forgot the number that Whelen recommends can be synced together, I think it was 8. I know that you can successfully sync a few more than that, but personally, I tried to sync 16 lightheads, and it doesn’t work, the lightheads will no longer sync.

Reactions: Statie458

Statie458

Nov 10, 2019
Rutland, Massachusetts
No, if your lightheads are being flashed by a ULF, do not hook up the sync wires on the lightheads.

You are actually lucky that you decided to go the ulf route, because you couldn’t sync that many lightheads together anyways. I forgot the number that Whelen recommends can be synced together, I think it was 8. I know that you can successfully sync a few more than that, but personally, I tried to sync 16 lightheads, and it doesn’t work, the lightheads will no longer sync.
Thank you for the reply!
Should I remove the sync wire from ULF A and B or it doesn't really matter?

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Thank you for the reply!
Should I remove the sync wire from ULF A and B or it doesn't really matter?
I would leave the sync wire between the two ULFs connected. If you disconnect that wire, your fronts will become out of sync with the rears, which isn’t a big deal, but I prefer all lights synced when possible.

Reactions: Statie458

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeaustin924

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.