The Ultimate Unmarked/"Really...?!?" Vehicle Thread.

So I thought it high time to introduce the ultimate ELB video based thread, where people post videos of Unmarked Fire/EMS/Police vehicles that they like, don't like, question the general idea behind them and generally have a laugh about the whole thing. Discuss below anything you like, don't like, think is ridiculous etc The cars, the lights, the obvious incredulity it isn't a crown vic...

Seeing as I am from the land of the terribly unlit Unmarked vehicles, I shall start with these.

Everyone's favourite...the London Met:

Outside of London however...

Reactions: RL1

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I like the Mini Cooper's siren! Sounds like an older Fed Sig unit ;)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Some of those London responses looked more like Paris. Didn't sound like Paris, though.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Last edited:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Meh, looks to me as if the Euro doesn't go very far in buying lighting.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
You should see the local US marshals down here in South Texas.... they usually drive buick 4 door cars that look like grandma and have 1 split red blue shome 5mm led 12 inch light stick in the middle of the grill and some wig wags and in the rear they usually dont have anything at all.... and im pretty sure its just not one car because i have raided a drug house before and i saw 4 of them in a row with the same shitty set up...

Reactions: Zach Stephens

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like that Audi!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Here's a sneaky one, volume down tho! obnoxious talking at start of clip...:cool:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Bloke, I looked at a few of those Road Wars UK videos. What's with the additional red on the rear of some units?

Ah the rear reds are like an extra thing, normally they switch them on when they pull someone over. Most of the time they will switch the blues off and just run the rear reds during a stop.

A lot of the newer UK vehicles have front/rear lightbar switches, so you can choose to light the whole thing or just the front or back. I have been led to believe that it is to prevent blinding drivers at night, so they only have to deal with the reds not a fully lit blue bar.

Rear reds came into more common use around 2004 onwards.

Hell, if you look at some of the Met Police Dog vans they have a remotely operated spotlight on top of them these days.

Blauanzug

Jul 19, 2014
SC
just in case you thought a top light bar might reduce vehicle visiblity

didn't see this one coming

and finally, the view you don't want from your rear view mirror... at least in america.

finally, finally, the HOLY SH**T I HOPE THE NEIGHBOR IS OK

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
  • The first video should be banned from the Internet. Second thought: keep it there as an example of what NOT to do.
  • # 2; me likes!

line break.png

I’ve watched some of those Road Wars UK. There should be a foreign exchange programme of LEOs between the UK and the US. Our folks would learn how to berate detainees whilst being ever-so-polite, and the Brits would learn, er, how utterly scummy our baddies are.

Seriously, the show really likes to show US police exhibiting scant restraint in their emotions while apprehending suspects.

Reactions: SomeBloke

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England

Here's one I'd like to change a few things on, but not too shabby stuck in this for a shift or two...

That East Providence car is one of MaNy uFo's in that city PD... obnoxious use of lights prevails there...for as long as I can remember so by now it must be millions of taxes wasted on too much per vehicle warning...

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
And in the spirit of showcasing an auto other than dodge, I'll just leave this right here>.....

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Nah. That last one is great. So is the camera work.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Doesn't the Athenian know you have to wave your arm about?

Reactions: SomeBloke

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Here's a little split fail.....with bonus P71's at the end...
Or how about a loaded up impala...

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Strobes Halogens LEDs oh my!! all for a couple of unmarked Caddys..;)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
#1. The Jazzmobile would look mighty spiffy with a crest like the Queen's car!
#2. What's with the Osprey? I doubt the US would allow a UK helo to fly over the Queens motorcade here.
#3. (Jumping back to Stealth's 1st video) Work that highbeam switch, boy!

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
osprey probably has SS detail or press

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.