The Worst Response Video Thread

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asg5Pg-umqg

Skip to :32

While the person shouldn't be in the street to begin with, there is no need for rounding a corner that fast.
I thought we were going to see a scene from Death Race 2000.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Please tell me the siren is Dubbed into the films... (I think it is... even pedestrians are not paying any attention to him as he is "rolling up" behind them).. . Plus watching some of his other stellar videos- I don't see a bike siren on the handlebars, or a switch... Thus where is it mounted?

All that aside, how "safe" is it to hold onto a potato camera while operating a bike....

And if he is a vollie, is this how he shows up to every call?

aimg2.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20140425122004_glee_images_archiv513a988333e349ebfdbb4be1349b6818.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
This one has the best audio of his "siren". Honestly, I think it's an app on his phone, in the first video posted here, after he bangs the camera against his leg three or four times, it cuts off. 

On a side note, I almost wish he would catch one of those sewer grates wrong and film an endo for us.

http://youtu.be/1jH9xeVeQz0
Sounds like he's got a speech impediment and  is  saying "Fire Dept.".....

Prolly the brunt of many older residents humor.. "There goes JR again wearing his radio shack fire helment with red light, going to the fire" ..... hehehehe :dielaugh:   :dielaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Dean Koontz couldn't make that crap up. Frickin' A's, man.

Reactions: SomeBloke

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Operator looking out the side glass instead of the front?  It's called Situational Awareness.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Youtube comments say it was an airbrake failure. Anyone know where this happened and if this is true? Posted Nov 23, 2013

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
The response looked fine to me. I was watching it on mute though because I remember this was posted a while back. 

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
How the hell did that Q not catch on fire! Ha ha ha. Let up on the thing man! The powercall sounded good though. :)
Wait, you mean your not supposed to hold the button down until you get on scene? Hmm... What's this "brake" thing all about??? ;)

Reactions: Chris W

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Wait, you mean your not supposed to hold the button down until you get on scene? Hmm... What's this "brake" thing all about??? ;)
We had one of engines solenoids fault closed. As soon as the operator pulled out of bay and pressed the peddle, the Q wound up and never shut off for 45-50 mins until the call was over and the mechanic came in. Driver turned off emergency master switch, then the battery switch, and finally turned truck off and it was still spinning full boar. Deafening to say the least. Mechanic couldn't even touch the Q it was soo hot.

bunnyfurr

Aug 29, 2010
WA
How the hell did that Q not catch on fire! Ha ha ha. Let up on the thing man! The powercall sounded good though. :)
 On a first run, I had a guy riding in the officers sit.  This is basically something he found within his first month.  That the push button on the floor, ran the siren.  I had to tell him several times "let your foot up" Our route took us by a Battalion Chiefs house.  When we returned he had a bucket of water walked over to the Q and poured it over the top.  He looks this guy up and down states you burn them up when you don't take your foot off every once in a while.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.