Tomar Spider Interior Series

emtpals

Apr 8, 2013
IL/WI
Kevin K. said:
TOMAR | Spider Interior lightbar

Just saw this posted on Tomar's website. They've released the Spider Interior Series, consisting of front and rear interior lightbars with what appears to be new linear LED modules. They appear to be the size of Whelen LINZ6 modules.

Very nice looking. Wondering if there'll be a new exterior lightbar using these modules.

I might be mistaken, but isn't there already one out there using these modules?

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
There's a Spider model that uses the Scorpion inboard modules (single- and dual-color) that mounts to the rear hatch of certain SUVs, just like the Outer Edge. I believe Cajun had a hand in its design, and it's been available for quite some time. The Interior Series referenced in my original post is all new.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Jamey@NNE said:
I think he was talking g about the blade exterior lightbar to answer the question at the bottom of your post.

Re-reading my original post, I now can see that my question at the bottom isn't all that clear! I was referring to an overhead, roof-mounted lightbar, not the Outer Edge style rear lightbar. Sorry bout that!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It's about time tomar came out with an ILB! Now, I just hope they'll release some other products with these optics; don't get me wrong, I love the 200s dash light, but a more compact alternative in their product line would be nice (as well as some future exterior mount versions of this smaller, linear optic).

Interesting idea to have adjustable angle TDs. For someone that doesn't require TDs for officer safety (ie a fire/EMS vehicle) it'd be nice to have some angled scene lighting and (if that non-LEO vehicle needed front scene lighting), high beams could fill that small void. Personally, I don't use TDs in fire/EMS b/c I rarely have the need for forward scene lighting in the fly car or shift commander vehicles; I only use the A-post unity or alleys as scene lighting when in those vehicles for finding house/building numbers, so I could appreciate angled TDs

emtpals

Apr 8, 2013
IL/WI
Kevin K. said:
Re-reading my original post, I now can see that my question at the bottom isn't all that clear! I was referring to an overhead, roof-mounted lightbar, not the Outer Edge style rear lightbar. Sorry bout that!

No worries, it's all good.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
That ILB looks bright as F@#K in sunny daytime, so I can only imagine what it'd look like at night. However, I expect nothing less from Tomar and have always been impressed with their products (even though they can be on the pricey side). But, for approx $600, I think that is a solid deal

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.