Tri-Lite Mars LED Mars 888 Traffic Breaker

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Tri-Lite / Mars will soon be releasing the LED Version of the famous Mars 888 Light. It will be the models TB8-L1P for Pedestal and the TB8-L1F for flush mount. Both version will be available in red or clear (white) and 12 or 24 volts. It utilizes the conventional Mars Drive system and a LED Lamp that they adapted from other products. A retrofit kit will be available soon for current incandescent models.

List Pricing:

Flush Mount $996.00

Pedestal Mount: $1040.00

TB8-LED Clear Lens.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Any word on future production of other colors?

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Dave,

I am awaiting more detailed specifications. As soon as I receive them I will certainly pass them along.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Fox,

I doubt it. Red and Clear have been the norm. I think blue was available for a few years. I have seen blue and red bulbs used, but its the large outer lens that normally determines the color. The LED version appears to use one of their LED dock light bulbs. Again, I will post more when I have it.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Droooool! It's about time they came out with an LED version (one of the the happiest days of my life was when I discovered that roto-ray was going LED!)

I can't wait to see these on more trucks, but unfortunately I don't see them in use much outside of MD (and the chunk of change they cost doesn't inspire much confidence that I'll see them more in NYS and FL sniff sniff)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
could the motor be used as an audible warning device?

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Looks nice and bright but they are inside with the lights off. Would like to see them make a vid outside in the daylight.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.