Triple fatal crash

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
This crash occurred last summer with temps near the 100* range. The semi was stopped due to construction back ups. The Durango was traveling approximately 70mph and rear ended the flatbed. It was pinned under the trailer which had to be lifted off of it to extricate the driver and front passenger. The Durango was occupied by 4 teens ages 16 to 17. Rear driver side passenger just had minor injuries. Rear right side passenger was unbelted and DOA. Front passenger had appx. 30min extrication, arrested twice post extrication and declared dead at the trauma center. Driver had appx. 35-45 min extrication time, was airlifted out, and later died at the trauma center. The surviving passenger said that they were trying to get the attention of girls in another car when the accident happened.

durango.png

b435c6f1505473d291e35c39db94bcf0.jpg

7782c84b3b3284d04351ff606010585c.jpg

120730031232_Wisconsin%20fatal%20ax%20I-94.jpg

120730032141_Wisconsin%20fatal%20I-94%20crash%20Hudson%20640.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
They gotta be careful what they wish for, b/c they certainly did get the girls' attention. Unfortunately, this is another example of why I feel that many teenagers <18 YO lack the maturity to be full drivers (aka drive solo without an adult); when in the wrong hands, a vehicle is just as deadly of a weapon as a handgun. May they RIP, and may the surivor not experience decades of psychological & emotional trauma from what he witnessed.

I can't even begin to tell you how many MVAs I've been on where the poor decisions of a young driver nearly caused the loss of his/her life or nearly caused that of another person. Also, as much as I hated the policy when I was <21, the lack of maturity & driving experience of young drivers is why I think it's a good policy for vol depts not to allow young members to drive apparatus code 3

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
pdk9 said:
They gotta be careful what they wish for, b/c they certainly did get the girls' attention. Unfortunately, this is another example of why I feel that many teenagers <18 YO lack the maturity to be full drivers (aka drive solo without an adult); when in the wrong hands, a vehicle is just as deadly of a weapon as a handgun. May they RIP, and may the surivor not experience decades of psychological & emotional trauma from what he witnessed.

I can't even begin to tell you how many MVAs I've been on where the poor decisions of a young driver nearly caused the loss of his/her life or nearly caused that of another person. Also, as much as I hated the policy when I was <21, the lack of maturity & driving experience of young drivers is why I think it's a good policy for vol depts not to allow young members to drive apparatus code 3

To add to the fire company comment, our dept has a 21 year old minimum and at least one year active with us, no matter the age

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
One of the worst suicides I have ever seen was a girl who plowed into the back of a semi truck parked on the side of the NYS thruway.

She was suspected of having a fight with her boyfriend (passenger) and decided the semi was a good way to end the fight. It did the job.

I happened to be traveling for a day of vacationing in the Finger Lakes and arrived just seconds after it happened.

I wish I had some eye bleach, that picture will never leave my head.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.