Ultimate Pursuit Video Thread

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Long high speed chase with shots fired, and a squad spin out...

Nov 7, 2011
New England
HILO said:

Wow...

that was probably one of the most endangering pursuits to the public & officers I have ever seen. Hats off to the primary for his bravery. WTF happened in that intersection where the CV just slid out into the intersection facing the wrong direction...?

Surprised nobody was killed in that one.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
RyanZ71 said:
Very nice. For awhile there I thought that that Benz was gonna outrun that PI. It was sure out accelerating it.

Thankfully, almost all scumbags that run do not know how to handle a vehicle in high speeds. I hope that little dog that jumped out of the suspect's vehicle was ok.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
jcpse said:
Wow...

that was probably one of the most endangering pursuits to the public & officers I have ever seen. Hats off to the primary for his bravery. WTF happened in that intersection where the CV just slid out into the intersection facing the wrong direction...?

Surprised nobody was killed in that one.

It was a big deal...I have a few pals that were in the pursuit. It had started in Ft. Wood when he ran the gate but they couldn't get the road blocks up in time so he escaped. At the end when he gets into Rolla he had shot one of the headrests of the cars (I believe it was SRPD's cheif's car). They were definitely cruising. From St. Robert to Rolla is generally a 30 minute drive, not including all the city driving that took place. I never would've imagined a Magnum could run like that!

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
calebsheltonmed23 said:
It was a big deal...I have a few pals that were in the pursuit. It had started in Ft. Wood when he ran the gate but they couldn't get the road blocks up in time so he escaped. At the end when he gets into Rolla he had shot one of the headrests of the cars (I believe it was SRPD's cheif's car). They were definitely cruising. From St. Robert to Rolla is generally a 30 minute drive, not including all the city driving that took place. I never would've imagined a Magnum could run like that!

Most of the magnums have the same V-8 & V-6 engines that the Chargers do, the police package of course having a few little add-ons mostly for cooling/suspension work.

blairian

Sep 22, 2011
Texas
RyanZ71 said:
Most of the magnums have the same V-8 & V-6 engines that the Chargers do, the police package of course having a few little add-ons mostly for cooling/suspension work.

They do run. I got into a pursuit of a 2006 Chrysler 300 with a V-6 in November of last year...that thing ran hard as this Magnum did

Nov 7, 2011
New England
calebsheltonmed23 said:

Insanity!!!!

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
The Magnum is a 300C with a wagon back end, everything is the same in terms of wheel base and all other dimensions. For example all four doors are the same between the two and one can swap front clips with very minor modifications.

The Charger, Magnum, 300c and Challenger are all LX platform. (Note: Challenger is a shorten LX defined as LC.)

The Magnum and Charger Police package have everything the same including the same wheel base of 120.0 with same engine options of 3.5L or 5.7L. There is really little difference between the Charger and Magnum expect for the obvious exterior. Technically the 2005 Magnum special service for police with the 3.5L was out before the 2006 Charger Police pursuit. But the 2005 Magnum police was not a pursuit rated and only special service until 2006 when the 5.7L was offered along with the 3.5l as a pursuit rated vehicle.

So it is not some, but all Chargers and Magnum police package vehicles have the same engines, either the 3.5L or 5.7L. (except the 2005 Magnum SSV w/3.5L V6).

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Re: UK police chase down...

Just let the dog chew on him a while. It's good for their teeth.

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
Station 3: Also anyone know what type of radios they are using? the ending noise "beeb beeb beeb" it makes after every transmission is the same as the Mexican Police radios i hear on my scanner. Just wondering what type they are?

Shoot Garza, you live in a border war zone, this is what I think of when I hear the term "Mexican Radio"...

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yuuWGn3i89Y

4:34 - In America, that car and the driver would have been riddled with holes from multiple 9mm, .45, and 00 buckshot firearms in less than 5 seconds. No doubt at all on that. I'm surprised they didn't open fire on the car after the driver used the vehicle as a weapon against them.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
The quick 3-4 stutter beep at the beginning of the transmissions come from I believe certain motorola radios and can be disabled, and SHOULD be disabled for all law enforcement use, in my humble opinion. When your in a situation where you need to be quiet but still have your radio on, the last thing you need is for those loud stutter TX notification beeps going off. Also, I don't care for the courtesy beeps/tones that will be sent out by radio repeaters when someone has unkeyed the transmitter in law enforcement work. They are helpful in certain situations, like Amateur/Ham radio repeaters, but hey again that is just my opinion. Depending on how good your hearing is, you may also be able to hear the sub-audible tones in the carrier as well. Nothing like the sound of an 88 hz hum on the VHF band.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
HILO said:

insanity.... surprised no one was hurt.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
CrownVic97 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yuuWGn3i89Y

4:34 - In America, that car and the driver would have been riddled with holes from multiple 9mm, .45, and 00 buckshot firearms in less than 5 seconds. No doubt at all on that. I'm surprised they didn't open fire on the car after the driver used the vehicle as a weapon against them.

So the above video with the Magnum passenger shooting at cops who do not return fire is probably a fake...

SSgt Elmer

May 21, 2010
NE WI, USA
TheGatekeeper said:
So the above video with the Magnum passenger shooting at cops who do not return fire is probably a fake...

Shooting from a moving vehicle at another one is a fine way to hit the wrong thing, so it is generally against policy. That being said, those guys in the car park when the dog gets hit and when the cop gets squished between the two cars - those are clear deadly force situations. The dog getting hit is also when the cop is struck on the side, remember. The car reversing towards you is also using the car as a weapon - however, if your car isn't struck and it didn't appear theirs was make it a little shaky. More than likely you won't have time to get out and get your weapon out before they took off again anyway.

I respect the hell out of my brethren in the UK for doing the job unarmed - of course, that's another discussion entirely.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
TheGatekeeper said:

most departments have policies that strictly forbid firing shots from a moving vehicle, in some sense or another, contrary to how they do it in the movies.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
SomeBloke said:
Proper British policing!

Some arse with a sword

#1: Just follow the smoke trail.

#3: I like how they gently pass the swordsman over the fence.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
not sure what that third one was all about, but one thing that ticks me off is how the TV shows will "edit" and add sounds such as sirens and tire screeching noises that really are not there.

RyanZ71 said:
not sure what that third one was all about, but one thing that ticks me off is how the TV shows will "edit" and add sounds such as sirens and tire screeching noises that really are not there.

In Britain, particularly round the council estates where scrambler bikes/scooters are used, the Police employ special bike squads that tackle the nuisance riders. The guy who jumped in the canal was a nuisance rider trying to evade the bike team.

And I know what you mean by the TV adding sounds, I swear the UK ones have the same 3 siren sound effects for the entire country and for all emergency vehicles.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
It's no small wonder that this pursuit ended in a wreck. Most of the time they were driving left of the centre line. :dielaugh:

Reactions: SomeBloke

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
SomeBloke said:
Because that joke is older than your country.... :D

I nominate that for "comeback of the year."

Reactions: SomeBloke

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.