Venting

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
I need to vent. I continue to see more and more setups where we have red and blue lights that alternate between the colors on each side, so traditionally where red would be on the drivers side and blue on the passengers side, we are seeing these sides displaying both colors instead of the traditional colors for that side. What gives!? It's bad enough having all these shitty flash patterns, and now we have light heads doing multiple colors making things just one big ugly blob of light. Take pride in your work, folks. Educate your customers/departments when they start suggesting shitty patterns and ways of lights being lit up. You know what works better than they do. The customer is NOT always right.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Customer is not always right, but we are all whores. Don't think anyone is willing to turn down money over light placement.

Charger17

Sep 26, 2016
Michigan
It's the latest and greatest thing in the customers eyes. They want to be different and showoff their new technology that they have. I agree with you especially lately when I have customers that want this or that and then I get everything and then they change their mind right before we do the install and go to a completely different brand and a different setup. And the flash patterns is a whole different discussion.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
I retired from PD last year. I like having BR on both sides. All blue on one side is weaker in the daylight especially. Your eyes don't pick up blue the same way as red. It may look like only the red half of the bar shows up at distance. It was same with halogen in my opinion. If you are all blue it balances out. I had Federal Valor bar with a good flash pattern and red blue lightheads across the bar. Not sure many pay attention to tradition that may tell you what direction the car is facing. I think we are using to much white leds especially when the vehicle is stopped.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.