Vertex VX-3200V

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Hey guys,

I have a Vertex VX-3200V that I bought from a friend. Works great except for the volume.

The volume likes to stick to the loud side. No matter where I have the knob positioned, it stays at full volume. Most times this isn't bad but there are some times that I would prefer the volume be low.

Anyone ever had any problems like this or know any solutions?

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Ok. I am looking through the software thoroughly now just in case.

Is replacing the volume pot something that I would have to take it to a repair shop to do or is it simple enough an end user could do?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I don't know the 3200 and. Don't know your technical capabilities. Generally they're soldered onto a board. So if you aren't comfortable finding the part and soldering I'd find a repair shop.

Good luck,
Seth

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Ok. No problem. Wasn't sure how difficult that was. I will go to our radio guy and see if he can look at it and see what he can do. It isn't a huge deal but there are a few times when I would like it to be low volume. Lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.