VIDEO ADDED! - SNEAK PEEK: Unreleased Dash Light

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
Ok, that makes sense. I would like to replace my mini-phantoms and I have looked the various tir and lin lights and videos don't seem close to what the local PD uses which I am sure are Whelen or Code3 that seem ridiculously bright (even in daylight) compared to my mini-phantoms.

Would this be an adequate replacement?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
mjMIff said:
Ok, that makes sense. I would like to replace my mini-phantoms and I have looked the various tir and lin lights and videos don't seem close to what the local PD uses which I am sure are Whelen or Code3 that seem ridiculously bright (even in daylight) compared to my mini-phantoms.

Would this be an adequate replacement?

You would be going from gen I LEDs (the phantoms) to gen III LEDs (my new linear dash light). This is definitely a step in the right direction. The next question to ask is, "Where are these 2 dash lights going? Front or rear of the vehicle?" If in the rear, use a TIR dash light because it will be brighter from a distance when looking at the rear of your vehicle. If it is on the front, go with a linear dash light because linear optics disperse a much wider angle of lighting, which is good because both frontal and off-axis warning are important in the front of a vehicle.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Finally just received my first order for all of these dash lights today. I tested a bunch of them in all different colors, they are all SO bright! They will go on sale on my site very soon!

ai53.tinypic.com_2qx7y1x.gif

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
ledguy said:
Nice pic. Guess you found the right photoshop program

WTF is this supposed to mean? He's selling YOUR lights, so wouldn't you think it would be OK for him to use YOUR pic? :weird:

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
mjMIff said:
How come when you see a video like this with the light in day light, it doesn't look bright at all? At least to me..

Is it a lot brighter in person?

It has been my experience that unless you have a very high dollar camera, any LED daytime vid does not appear as bright as they actually are.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
rwo978 said:
WTF is this supposed to mean? He's selling YOUR lights, so wouldn't you think it would be OK for him to use YOUR pic? :weird:

I took the photo, then photoshopped in the white background. It didn't come out exactly as I hoped, but it will do for the time being :thumbsup:

SireLite said:
Any move on the pricing yet?

cybercop said:
They are already on Tom's website for $99.99.

The major color combos seem to be avail except red/blue.

Dash/Deck Lights :: AWL L18 Dash Light - Advanced Warning Lights

This is correct. red/blue and green were the only color combinations that I didn't get at first. They will be apart of one of my next orders.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Hmmm, OK. Usually the only time 'pics' are mentioned are when they are 'borrowed'.

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
Jarred J. said:
no way resembles it huh? its odd how when i first looked at it the first thought that popped in my mind :lightbulb:was a viper. now upon second glance the "innards" may be different but the rest damn near looks like a viper...

:hahano: Indeed. :thumbsup:

ajccss

Jun 8, 2011
USA NY
theolog said:
:hahano: Indeed. :thumbsup:

Anyone from the board purchase any of these lights and can give a review? Nothing against TOM or LEDGUY, but a good review from a non-biased person will definitely swing me into the direction of buying a few of these.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
ajccss said:
Anyone from the board purchase any of these lights and can give a review? Nothing against TOM or LEDGUY, but a good review from a non-biased person will definitely swing me into the direction of buying a few of these.

If anyone would like to do this, contact me and I can give you a good discount on a unit.

May 22, 2010
New York City
911 said:
according to mike's website.....they are available....... !!!

well after closer look....... the one on mikes site is 20 leds....... toms site is 18 leds....... so im not sure now which one is right, or if its a different unit altogether !

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
i have seen them first hand, they are really bright!! only issue i have with them is that there are no headliner brackets , but other than that, its bright and very effective,,,,, now if ledguy gave me 2 redblues to test and play with.............. =)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.