For Sale "Vintage Fire Engine light"

Status
Not open for further replies.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Souther VP lightbar, looks like a federal beacon maybe? In place of the speaker cover. No way its worth that much.

Reactions: Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Souther VP lightbar, looks like a federal beacon maybe? In place of the speaker cover. No way its worth that much.

According to him it's a "highly sought after" Federal CJ184 with 2 clear and 2 red bulbs with clear plastic domes.

I don't know much about beacons so I don't know if its highly sought after or not.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The lightbar is a SVP model 202 sans the speaker cover with a CJ184 beacon bolted to the center. I'd offer $200 and not a cent more for something like that.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Just an FYI but SVP did offer an option with the 202 bar and a beacon in the middle.

I didn't believe it myself but I have been shown it exists... This one maybe a franken bar.. but they did do this.

Reactions: Tony P

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Reactions: Tony P and MtnMan

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
Here is one I brought home from a tow truck company awhile back. The beacon on this one is also SVP, leading me to believe that this was a factory setup. So there is at least more than one...

SVP1.jpg SPV2.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Perhaps this one had a factory and it crapped out so they put the Federal one on as a replacement...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yes, SVP offered an option of a beacon in place of the speaker cover, but they would have used their own brand of beacons.

12 Volt Vintage Fire Engine Light Bar wired for interior display w/switch box and mini installed operational siren.

I'd say someone replaced the speaker section with the CJ-184 and did not bother to make a custom mounting plate to get the CJ's speaker to face forward. And the part about a "mini installed operational siren" coupled with the fact that it is wired for indoor display makes me think that there is a cheap speaker inside the CJ and not a real Federal Signal speaker. It's interesting, it would certainly be an effective warning device, and if you can find a SVP 202 speaker cover you could possible have two collectible warning devices. $575? Uhhhhh... that, I think, is a bit of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.