Wanted *Wanted* Motorola MOCOM 70 and Federal Interceptor Siren

Status
Not open for further replies.

72stormer

Sep 1, 2011
British Columbia Canada
Looking for a presentable Motorola MOCOM 70 radio with speaker and microphone and a Federal Interceptor Siren control with microphone for my 1979 Malibu.

As an aside, what is the difference between a MOCOM 70 and a MOTRAC other than the name and the two switches on the face plate?  I've seen MOTRACs like the one picture below with a slider switch at the top of the faceplate and others with a 4 channel knob.  Would one radio be more accurate over the other for my car? Are the trunk modules interchangeable?

Thanks

mocom70.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
the slide switch is for the "extender circuit" which was on low band (30-50 Mhz) models, noise blanker, I think.

The rotary knob was for multi channel models (4-8 channels) There were also 2 channel models, with a toggle switch to change channels

The major difference between the motrac, and the mocom 70, is that the motrac had tubes in it, and mocom 70 is transistors.

I will look in the pile, to see if I have something suitable.

Clarence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.