Wanted: Whelen dealer for personal/POV install

jabbeaux

Jul 5, 2018
NY
Looking for a dealer to quote me for personal / POV install.

2024 Sierra 2500HD, I’m thinking:
- Whelen Core
- Handheld controller
- Inner Edge duo or trio
- 10 (?) ions duo or trio
- If I need a module to flash headlights/taillights then yes. But maybe Core can do this on its own?

I tried Safety Vehicle Solutions as I used yrs ago for Feniex, but they didn’t reply. So, I’m open to any good dealers. Appreciate the help gents! I’m just a regular (firefighter) dude paying out of pocket hence the hope for a dealer with helpful pricing. Thanks!

Last edited:

RobK

May 23, 2010
Tolland County, CT
I'm not sure what part of NY you are in my 10-75 Emergency Vehicles is out of NJ but also has a Western NY shop. The owner, Ryan, used to be on this forum a decade ago. There is also RFC Emergency Vehicles. I think they may be western NY too. If you're on Facebook, they all have pages. If you live closer to CT, there is MHQ in Middletown, CT. Strobes N More posts POV installs all the time but they're in RI.

Reactions: jabbeaux

jabbeaux

Jul 5, 2018
NY
I'm not sure what part of NY you are in my 10-75 Emergency Vehicles is out of NJ but also has a Western NY shop. The owner, Ryan, used to be on this forum a decade ago. There is also RFC Emergency Vehicles. I think they may be western NY too. If you're on Facebook, they all have pages. If you live closer to CT, there is MHQ in Middletown, CT. Strobes N More posts POV installs all the time but they're in RI.
Thank you, I'll reach out to these. It doesn't matter how close the dealer is to my location as I'll do the upfit, just like to find pricing that doesn't decimate my bank account.

Edit: I'll probably skip Strobes-N-More. Recently two firefighters I work with shared how painful their customer service has been. While I don't anticipate problems, dealing with a big bureaucracy isn't on my bingo card of "fun" items should I (hopefully not) have that need arise.

Last edited:

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
There is also FAS (Fleet Auto Supply) out of West Haven, Ct. Very large Whelen dealer as well as a few other manufacturers.
I have dealt with him years ago and he treated me well. Very active on IG and I have always watched his work as a standard to achieve on my own installs. Everyone I have spoke to have been super happy with them and their customer service. Over 30 years of experience, so he must be doing something right with customer service.

There is also Communication Services of Connecticut out of Seymour, Ct. Long time radio installer and more and more lighting installs as of recently. Mostly Whelen but others as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.