WeCan controller Gen 2 programming

koga

Jul 2, 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Hello. I am completely new to WeCan. I am building a new bar from parts and have a skeleton Freedom bar with a wecan. Everything is actually connected up inside the bar: the main board (or should I say boards as there are 4 units) of the bar and the wecan controller gen 2 itself.
I connected some light modules up but could not get any of them to flash so trying to configure the controller with Command. I have created a new configuration with WeCan and a Freedom 2 bar but when I am about to transfer the configuration the software says WeCan is not connected. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong? There is a new device showing up when I connect the USB cable so that should not be an issue. Do I need some kind of a driver?

Using Windows 10 and Whelen Command 2.2.25.0

koga

Jul 2, 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Ok, I tried WeCan 5 instead of Command and that seems to be working, I was able to program the bar. I am still trying to figure out wiring but I have some functions working already :)

Reactions: Tango7

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.