What size lightbar for Ford F-250

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
our department is looking for a bar to put on a Ford F-250 crew cab. Something like the freedom or Liberty. I was told by someone in order to gutter mounts it would have to be a 60" bar as that's the only gutter mounts made by Whelen?? Help or suggestions..

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Id run a 54" also. 54" is about perfect on most fullsize trucks.

Reactions: SBFD-E-9

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Doesn't really matter.. Probably a liberty or freedom but I'm open to whatever. Doesn't even have to have rear modules as it has a camper shell. Red with two white front facing whites.

So I would get those brackets and just longer bolts at hardware store??

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
I ran a 54 inch Liberty on a 99 F-250 and the bolts that came with the mounts where long enough. I had the feet all the way out to the end of the bar and it was fine. I don't think you will even need longer bolts for it.

Reactions: fireman616wfd

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Sounds good... I could actually use two 54" bars (prefer front and corners only on Atleast one) if anyone has one or two. Need them for my Vol. FD

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.