Whelen cen com core

RickyNCFR

Sep 28, 2023
Florida
I was wonder if there was a way to make an event in Whelen command to activate a momentary output to trip a Kussmaul auto eject? The starter circuit is buried. It would have to remove the starter its a 2022 Silverado 2500 gas engine. I am hoping i can setup an event that when the shifter is pulled out of park it will Trip the auto eject momentarily. Any help would be appreciated.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Yes, there is absolutely a way. There are many different ways. However, I trust going to the starter more. You can hook up to a starter wire under the hood, thats how I do it on these newer GMs. However, if you absolutely don’t want to do it that way… Create a Virtual, and set it up as timed. Make it as short as you can, as long as it provides power long enough to pop the auto eject. Then make that virtual turn on your output to the auto eject. Make sure to use a 10 or 15 amp output, or trigger a relay from a 2.5 amp output. Now, you can go into vehicle inputs(if you have canport hooked up) and go to Trans-park, select the “off” state. Then go down to the virtual inputs on the bottom of your screen, and select your timed virtual. Set the action to “set to on.” That will work. But your auto eject will click every time that you take that vehicle out of park. Another way that you could do it; do the same thing with the Virtual. But as for triggering the virtual, create an event. The condition of the event
“When ACM Inputs Ignition Sense is On” then use that event to set your virtual to on. Then your auto eject will only pop upon initial start up of the vehicle. Now the downfall to using either of these, is that if you are in a hurry, and take off immediately upon starting the vehicle, or Core has an issue and doesn’t boot up quick enough, you could take off before the auto eject pops. Is your vehicle a smart key? On smart key vehicles, Ive used Brake signal to pop the auto eject, since you have to push the brake to start it. Then wire in an inline NC relay, that is triggered (opened) by ignition. That way the brake only pops the auto eject if the ignition is off, so that its not constantly popping it every time you hit the brakes.

Reactions: t24t1000

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.