Whelen edge 9m with traffic advisor troubleshooting

garthbowersox

Jan 30, 2022
Ithaca ny
So this is the first time I'm dealing with this kind of lightbar, usually I use the cigarette light ones, so here's my problem. I have a whelen edge 9m and I bought a new control box for it since it only came with the traffic advisor controller. I hooked it all up right and the only thing I can get to work on it is the front/rear corner strobes amd the take down lights: steady not flashing. Any where I can start so I can get the rest of the lightbar to work?

Attachments

• 20220124_210118.jpg
    20220124_210118.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 6

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
You should have 3 cables coming out of your bar. One cable with large red and black. That’s your power. Then the control cable with a bunch of smaller gauge wires. And then a third containing your TA.
Does your control cable match this document? This should give you a starting point.

Attachments

• Edge 9M.pdf
    418.9 KB · Views: 6

garthbowersox

Jan 30, 2022
Ithaca ny
You should have 3 cables coming out of your bar. One cable with large red and black. That’s your power. Then the control cable with a bunch of smaller gauge wires. And then a third containing your TA.
Does your control cable match this document? This should give you a starting point.
Yep, I have that schematic downloaded and I've been working off of it, the TA is hooked up along with the power and ground no problem, I just can't seem to get all the strobe functions and ally lights to work.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Your probably going to have to open the bar up and trace things out. See what’s hooked up to where. Halogen stuff you can check if it works or not outside of the bar to make sure you don’t have burned out bulbs. Strobes would be different.

garthbowersox

Jan 30, 2022
Ithaca ny
Your probably going to have to open the bar up and trace things out. See what’s hooked up to where. Halogen stuff you can check if it works or not outside of the bar to make sure you don’t have burned out bulbs. Strobes would be different.
So the ally lights have bulbs in there, and appears to not be blown, the front of the bar by a second look has no lights there, which is disappointing. So I guess I cant get the flashing takedowns and ally lights to work. Also this was off a state truck. There are 2 wires on the top that have been caulked in place. Maybe a spotlight?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1891646842.jpg
    Snapchat-1891646842.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapchat-2120538271.jpg
    Snapchat-2120538271.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Snapchat-538025688.jpg
    Snapchat-538025688.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 11

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.