Whelen HHS2200 siren tones help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH EMT

May 30, 2010
ny
I just had an HHS2200 installed in my car and the only siren tones it has at the moment are manual and wail. The installer told me that the only way to get the other tones (yelp and piercer) is to hook it to the horn ring. Is this true, and if it is, is there some other way to go about hooking it up without using the horn ring to get

the additional tones (perhaps a momentary switch) ?

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
If you had this installed I hope it was not done by a professional because this siren is programmed via computer and any installer worth his weight should know that.

http://www.whelen.com/install/142/14207.pdf

I hope this helps.

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
To my knowledge every HHS2200 comes with programing software. If you are the one that bought the siren and the installer installed it for you. He should of given you the software disk so you can program it to your desired setting. The software allows you to program the hss2200 to which ever tone on any button you desire.

By the sounds of it. The installer you used isn't very intelligent as has clearly not read the instructions properly on how to install and program the unit.

SH EMT

May 30, 2010
ny
Thanks for your help. I will bring it back and have him reprogram it. He left 3 buttons blank so there's no shortage of switches.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
All of these tones are possible out of the HHS2200:

SH EMT

May 30, 2010
ny
Is it possible to have 1 switch wail, another for yelp, and a third for piercer. From what the installation instructions seem to say I don't see that I can.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
The way I program them the top 3 for lights. The bottom 9 for sirens. HF,Manual,air horn,wail,yelp,peircer,mech,power call,and horn/siren.They are very easy to program.

firemedic12

Apr 7, 2011
TX
Tho I only have an hhs2100 mine has a hf button that you activate than i push the manual button to switch thru my siren tones may help may not but their is my .02

yakomo

Jun 8, 2010
NY
You can program it yourself. I programmed the HHS2200 top left button H/F, the to top middle Manual, and the rest are all sirens/air horn.

SH EMT

May 30, 2010
ny
Thanks for all your help! I'm going back Wednesday morning and hopefully they will reprogram it for me. If they don't do it I already called Whelen and they are sending me a copy of the programming software. Is there a separate cable that I need to connect the HHS2200 to my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
covert

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.