Whelen Legacy no DVI?

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
As the title says, is there no DVI patterns on the legacy? I've tried programming it to a core system and there is no dvi patterns at all. Anyone got a clue how to get it there or am I missing something?

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
As the title says, is there no DVI patterns on the legacy? I've tried programming it to a core system and there is no dvi patterns at all. Anyone got a clue how to get it there or am I missing something?
Yes there should be. Is it a WCX legacy? Or is it an older WeCan Legacy? Ive never tried programming a WC Legacy to Core, so I guess I can’t really speak on that. But Ive done plenty of WCX Legacy with DVI.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I just bought a used legacy so it not sure. I was able to program it to work on Wecan. Is there a difference on the bars for wecanx? Other than software?

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Yes, there is a difference between WeCan and WeCanX. Ill take a look on Monday when I get back to my computer, but I would bet that DVI is not available on WeCan. There are a few work arounds though. For true DVI, you would need a new IO board and wiring harnesses, or some people have used a WCX expansion module, and re-wired the bar. There is also a way to “fake DVI.” The fake DVI is not as straight forward as it seems, but I think that I figured out how to do it if you have a ton of spare time and want to try it.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Yes, there is a difference between WeCan and WeCanX. Ill take a look on Monday when I get back to my computer, but I would bet that DVI is not available on WeCan. There are a few work arounds though. For true DVI, you would need a new IO board and wiring harnesses, or some people have used a WCX expansion module, and re-wired the bar. There is also a way to “fake DVI.” The fake DVI is not as straight forward as it seems, but I think that I figured out how to do it if you have a ton of spare time and want to try it.
Yeah that is fine. I can wait and would love to see what ya got. I might look into the board and wire idea verses going to rewire the hole bar with an expansion module. My.mai. features that I wanted my park feature with the single flash 60 day lol.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Fake DVI. Look up 3 pattern loop scenarios on Whelen, or look look at the presets when you create a program. Copy the 3-pattern loop. But add many more patterns(virtuals). Then for each virtual, set different intensities of low power at very short increments. There is a trick though. It won’t cycle properly by just setting the lightheads to “on” in every state. You need to set a delay in every other virtual. This will reset the pattern so that it cycles properly. The more virtuals you can add, and closer intensities of low power, the smoother it will function.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Fake DVI. Look up 3 pattern loop scenarios on Whelen, or look look at the presets when you create a program. Copy the 3-pattern loop. But add many more patterns(virtuals). Then for each virtual, set different intensities of low power at very short increments. There is a trick though. It won’t cycle properly by just setting the lightheads to “on” in every state. You need to set a delay in every other virtual. This will reset the pattern so that it cycles properly. The more virtuals you can add, and closer intensities of low power, the smoother it will function.
Sounds complicated lol.

I'll have to give it a shot in the morning. Thanks for that

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Well after working on this for a while I have decided to just order the new WecanX board and wiring harness for the conversion. Was a hefty price tag but I do have it ordered. I may do a video or a thread on how to do the conversion if its needed.

Reactions: t24t1000

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.