Whelen Mic 6.3mm to Strobe cable

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
Hello, I have a Whelen PAP112 with a black PA mic that attaches to strobe cable, I would like to upgrade to a white and red PA mic that comes with the cencom series but Cencom mic has a 6.3mm end. Is there a way to connect strobe cable to that?

Thanks.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
I did this with my old vehicle. I added a flush mount stereo 1/4" headphone jack (Radioshack has these) to the end of a strobe cable so I could plug the mic in. This was 5 or 6 years ago, but I believe I had to take the insides out of the black mic and put them in the cencom mic housing for it to work (I could be wrong on this though).

athumbs2.ebaystatic.com_d_l225_m_mhTjfIJm14pTAqfBpsEQTJw.jpg

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
andrewsim said:
I did this with my old vehicle. I added a flush mount stereo 1/4" headphone jack (Radioshack has these) to the end of a strobe cable so I could plug the mic in. This was 5 or 6 years ago, but I believe I had to take the insides out of the black mic and put them in the cencom mic housing for it to work (I could be wrong on this though).

athumbs2.ebaystatic.com_d_l225_m_mhTjfIJm14pTAqfBpsEQTJw.jpg

Thankyou!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.