Who have you met in person from here???

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
MEVS06 said:
We need to have a Texas meet soon. ...

Good idea, but we'll have to wait until the weather is warmer. I wouldn't want my jar getting too cold.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
rwo978 said:
Met EVT 2 days ago unplanned in my local jail ...

I'm glad there was more after the point I just cut it off. :D

Reactions: tsquale

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
Met RWO978 today on a call, although I highly doubt he realized who I was. Hard to talk about ELB when you're standing over a patient with shortness of breath! Would've loved to chit-chat with him.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
timlinson said:
Met RWO978 today on a call, although I highly doubt he realized who I was. Hard to talk about ELB when you're standing over a patient with shortness of breath! Would've loved to chit-chat with him.

Huh??? Didn't even know, no idea... Was that the one on 3rd St?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I have meet in person;

K9Vic-I consider a friend.

Retired1-I consider a friend.

Cory Y-Was a friend, I put him in jail, he is now in prison, we trade letters, so I am his pen pal. :hopeless:

I have not met in person, but talked on the phone with MEVS06, and Station3 (I'm pretty sure) and think highly of both.

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
rwo978 said:
Huh??? Didn't even know, no idea... Was that the one on 3rd St?
I don't even remember, but probably. I was just going to mention your username as we left.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I met with Dozzer295 Saturday at a TnARS region 3 squad meeting...

Good to meet you Ed.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I met C3Kurt when I stopped for a visit at Code 3. Great guy, even took me on a tour after it was quitting time. I also met Glenn from Poseidon Fire Rescue Equipment. Again, great guy.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I'll be adding a new one (maybe more) to my list here in a few weeks from the Pacific NW! :cool:  

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I'll be adding a new one (maybe more) to my list here in a few weeks from the Pacific NW! :cool:
Coming out my way? Bring your smart phone and show me this post as your voucher for one free beer.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Met DISCOMC 2 days ago. Very nice, motivated and generous person. Gave me all sorts of infos and free spare parts still in OEM bags. Thanks, Christian :)

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Picked up two more over the weekend in the greater Portland, OR metro area. 

Met up with Shawn L. and took a tour of his station. He showed me around the area, even if it was going lights and sirens to Multnomah Falls (we caught an EMS run there). Very nice guy, super friendly, and very knowledgeable of the area. My wife and i even enjoyed a nice dinner on the Columbia River with him and his wife. Got to see the elusive Multnomah County TwinSonic as well!! 

And met user Sirennet (Corey) in Tigard, OR. Again, super nice guy and showed me all of the nice, bright blinkies in their showroom. Got to check out the new Whelen Mini Legacy in person. Talk about burn retina-burning. Got to go upstairs and check out their studio(s) where they film. Fun stuff! 

And, found out that I had previously met canthonysmith in the very town I work in, but didn't know he was an eLb member, until I suggested he join the site! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MEVS06

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Finally met Tony (tcfd823) on his way through Michigan for a vacation, and he brought my (elb famous) Whelen 8000 that I bought from PIMP through him like 2 years ago!

Great guy, had lunch and BS'd for a couple hours! (We should start a GoFundMe to open a shop!)

Also met Jeff (jatchison) awhile back (and I didn't die! :D ) for a transaction

Hoping to meet up with BigWil in the next few months when he is down this way from CuhNuhDuh!

Reactions: tcfd823

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
That Whelen 8000 originally came from Shawn L in the Portland, OR area and possibly belonged to grfd711 at one time. 

Reactions: MEVS06 and 7d9_z28

smso966

May 26, 2011
Atchafalaya Basin Swamp
I have known CajunBlitz for well over 1/2 my life.  He was installing at a local LE supply shop BELSCO when I was a teenager going to his store just to oogle at the light display...which I still do, at his new company, lol. 

We live in the same very small community where I am a LEO.  Very knowledgable guy who does great work and is cool to hang out with, even when you are bothering him at work. 

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Met SBFD-E-9 face to face for a business transaction (sold me some Whelen 400s). Nice guy.

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
Just got back from IN to help out Kent and Nate with a backlog at Move Over Outfitters and let me tell you, these guys mean business! I'd be happy to help with them again whenever they need it! Top notch fellows with a top-notch facility!

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Met chfdbigbad today.  Him and a couple of his dept. buddies drove all the way from Cincinnati area (I'm in IL) to purchase a Vector bar and parts.  Pretty cool guys. 

Reactions: tsquale
May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Better late than never I guess....some I met several years ago. I may be forgetting a few-

Several members from Priority 1..worked there for a few months, so saw them all the time..

John Marcson 5+ times I believe

Hugh A a few times

BigWil

Dale Cohen, bought / traded parts a few times some years back

BIG D, lives not too far away, sold him parts

FreshDave04 (@ P1)

Tritonhoward64 (@ P1)

DeputyChief301 (Jim) several times

OTFD211 a few times

BlueLineEnt (I think? John?) @ P1

Mick (Firewolf)

Derek (AdaFire38?)

Doug (Great Lakes fire store)
Pat H. (he used to live not far away)

Mike D. a few times (lives not far away also)

That's all I can think of....

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Kevin, aka 72copriv on ELB, contacted me through here about a week ago saying he was coming down to my neck of the woods to pick up his 1972 Buick Riveria from a local restoration shop and wanted to know if I could meet up with him. I gladly sacrificed an hour of sleep during the day before my night shift to see him and his sweet ride. He even had the Unity Uni-rack I helped him acquire from a fella down in Bismarck for his project. Certainly was good to finally meet him and see that unique sheriff car in person. Great guy and fun to talk shop with him for a little bit!

Here's a post from this thread on Kevin's ride and the lightbar:

ai612.photobucket.com_albums_tt203_911disp_100_0601.jpg

You can also view more here as well. Just a cool prowler for the time! http://s612.photobucket.com/user/911disp/media/100_0601.jpg.html

Reactions: FiremanSketch

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Lol how far are you from Austin or Galveston?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Met ELB'er mls60442 (Matt) last week. Sold him a VISTA bar. Nice guy.

Reactions: mls60442

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Met up with Clarence H and his son last night to buy a couple 911ep Galaxy's. Very nice guys. I had very briefly bumped in to Clarence a few years ago now in our past jobs but was actually able to have a conversation with him.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Met up with paul (chief1565) few hours ago to do a transaction.

Nice as hell guy, and his custom MX IS FREAKIN SWEET IN PERSON (even though one of the cudas was out).

And his dome cleaning is PHENOMENAL!!!!!! (Got a set for a fellow co-worker/firefighter)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.