Wiring my lights (help)

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
So I pretty much know the basics but and having a hard time trying to figure out how to wire all my lights using the Whelen PCC8R control head.

My lights are as follows with the color/function of wires:

2 Whelen LINZ6 (grill lights)

- White/Vio = Scan Lock

- Grey = Sync

- Blk (12v) / Blk White (24v) = Ground

- Red/White = Battery (3a fuse)

SNM Eclipse Interior Bar

- Red = (+) 12V on/off switch

- Blk = Ground

- Blue = Momentary Flash Pattern Select

- Yellow = Sync Wire

SNM E66

- Blk = Vehicle ground

- Red = (+) Battery

- Purple = Warning Flash Mode

- Yellow = Right Arrow

- White = Left Arrow

- Combined Yellow/White = Center Out

- Blue = Flash Pattern Select (for what ever function above activated at time)

For some reason I cannot post photos but my controller has 8 buttons (4 top and 4 bottom).

Starting from top left to right I want the functions to be the following:

1 - All front lights (LINZ 6 & Eclipse)

2 - Rear (E66)

3 - LINZ 6 Flash Pattern Select (Momentary)

4 - Eclipse Flash Pattern Select (Momentary)

Now bottom left to right:

1 - E66 Traffic Advisory (TA) Left

2 - E66 TA Center Out

3 - E66 TA Right

4 - E66 Flash Pattern Select (Momentary)

I need help figuring out wiring to controller, what size wire I'll need, and where to fuse along with what amp fuse. Anyone that could help me (especially those that have wired using the Whelen PCC8R) I would greatly already it. Thank you in advance!

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
That controller is supplied with fuses and mostly 10 amp . You could reduce those if you wanted to especially on the high amp ports.

I find the easiest and neatest way of wiring multi cabled lights such as the traffic advisor is to use 7 conductor trailer cable.

I also don't waste switches for pattern changes on quality controllers such as whelen. It's easy enough to rig up a really small separate box with a momentary switch or two and locate that closer to the actual switching box.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.