Wrangler Rubicon Lighting HELP

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
I'm interested in putting lights on my 2006 Wrangler Rubicon. Any suggestions or input would be great. I'm looking at the following lights:

- Feniex Cannons in the taillights, and behind the front and side marker lights. 2 R/C in clear section of taillights and 2 R in red section of taillights or just 2 R/C in the clear section. Haven't decided yet.

- Feniex 200 in the windshield above the mirror.

- Red Whelen PAR 36 Super LED with Clear Extended Lens on windshield mount, one on either side of the windshield. (Thanks for the idea movi3king!!)

- Feniex Titan 100 below windshield mount, one on either side of the windshield.

What are ya'lls thoughts?

Can different brands of lighting be synced?

Thanks in advance for the input.

:popcorn:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Keep it simple on the LAWs...solid red. On the rear, I'd just do a pair of red in the brake lights.

Not sure what you mean for the par36...never heard of a windshield par36 mount. I'm guessing you're talking about mounting them in front of the windshield on stud/swivel mounts?

I'd honestly just get a red/red tir6 slimlighter for the windshield...nothing fits better in the wrangler windshield IMO and you avoid pink blurs that come with red/clear dashlights set to a fast pattern

I would put red par 36 with clear lenses on the front bumper b/c wranglers look naked without offroad lights (or par36 on a stud swivel mount) + using surface mounts for grill warning looks a tad awkward to me

If you're allowed to use them, HLF is a great, inexpensive form of front warning.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cannons. They're a new product and I'd rather get something like the SOS undercovers or whelen vertexes, b/c I know they've been around for a few years and are pretty solid. I'm not saying the cannons are not solid, but I'd rather let someone else test them and see how they hold up before I'd go to feniex for LAWs

Yes, you can sync lights from different manufacturers (most of the time)...set them all to steady burn and attach them to a ULF44 or similar

Dkellam said:
I'm interested in putting lights on my 2006 Wrangler Rubicon. Any suggestions or input would be great. I'm looking at the following lights:

- Feniex Cannons in the taillights, and behind the front and side marker lights. 2 R/C in clear section of taillights and 2 R in red section of taillights or just 2 R/C in the clear section. Haven't decided yet.

- Feniex 200 in the windshield above the mirror.

- Red Whelen PAR 36 Super LED with Clear Extended Lens on windshield mount, one on either side of the windshield. (Thanks for the idea movi3king!!)

- Feniex Titan 100 below windshield mount, one on either side of the windshield.

What are ya'lls thoughts?

Can different brands of lighting be synced?

Thanks in advance for the input.

:popcorn:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
pdk9 said:
Keep it simple on the LAWs...solid red. On the rear, I'd just do a pair of red in the brake lights.
Not sure what you mean for the par36...never heard of a windshield par36 mount. I'm guessing you're talking about mounting them in front of the windshield on stud/swivel mounts?

I'd honestly just get a red/red tir6 slimlighter for the windshield...nothing fits better in the wrangler windshield IMO and you avoid pink blurs that come with red/clear dashlights set to a fast pattern

I would put red par 36 with clear lenses on the front bumper b/c wranglers look naked without offroad lights (or par36 on a stud swivel mount) + using surface mounts for grill warning looks a tad awkward to me

If you're allowed to use them, HLF is a great, inexpensive form of front warning.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cannons. They're a new product and I'd rather get something like the SOS undercovers or whelen vertexes, b/c I know they've been around for a few years and are pretty solid. I'm not saying the cannons are not solid, but I'd rather let someone else test them and see how they hold up before I'd go to feniex for LAWs

Yes, you can sync lights from different manufacturers (most of the time)...set them all to steady burn and attach them to a ULF44 or similar

I agree. like the idea of the PAR's. The round lights look at home on a Jeep. I recently got a Fenex Cobra 200. It is very thin and I am shocked at how bright it is. I have most of my leds connected to a ULF44. Synced lights look so much better in my opinion.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I think you need something more substantial than a set of HAWs for rear warning. This is what comes to mind when I think of how I would set up a Wrangler.

Front:

Whelen Slimlighter r/r - windshield set to signal alert or slow single flash pattern

Whelen PAR32s on the bumper set to signal alert

LED PAR36 flood lights on windshield brackets flashed in a wig wag pattern synced with the Whelen PARs in an x-pattern

Sides:

TIR3 or LINZ6 mounted near the PAR

Rear:

HAWs in the tail lights

SoundOff N-Force dual color red/amber on the bumper

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I put a pair of red/clear SOS nforce on the rear plate of my truck. With some diodes the clear comes on in reverse and/or a switch. It is nice to have the clear come on for reverse lights.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I agree with needing more rear warning. While the Cannon's will be bright, it won't be substantial enough for rear warning if you are sitting on the side of a scene. If you arn't doing that, then I kind of understand the minimalistic approach for rear warning.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I recently got my first Feniex products. Purchased though Fever. (great customer service) I got the Cobra 200. Everyone that has seen it is impressed with the output of such a thin light.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I guess one of the first questions we should have asked is if the wrangler is hard top or soft top?

I didn't recommend anything other than the LAWs for the rear, b/c I was under the impression it was soft top. I definitely think more lighting to the rear is needed, but I'd need a pic of the rear config of your particular jeep. I'm opposed to anything mounted on the bumper, due to the likelihood of damage. If it's a hard top, u can mount a slimlighter or a pair of cobra 200's (since you seem to be interested in feniex) along the top of the rear window, or (if it's soft top), you can possibly use brackets to mount the cobras or dual Red/Amber SNM E6 lightheads beneath the nerf bar on each side of the rear window area

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
pdk9 said:
I guess one of the first questions we should have asked is if the wrangler is hard top or soft top?

I didn't recommend anything other than the LAWs for the rear, b/c I was under the impression it was soft top. I definitely think more lighting to the rear is needed, but I'd need a pic of the rear config of your particular jeep. I'm opposed to anything mounted on the bumper, due to the likelihood of damage. If it's a hard top, u can mount a slimlighter or a pair of cobra 200's (since you seem to be interested in feniex) along the top of the rear window, or (if it's soft top), you can possibly use brackets to mount the cobras or dual Red/Amber SNM E6 lightheads beneath the nerf bar on each side of the rear window area

It's a soft top. I can try to post pictures of the Jeep a little later. I'm interested in any recommendations, not just Feniex. However, I have seen Feniex lights and they are extremely thin and bright.

As far as the minimalistic approach goes, I would love to light it up but only 2 lights will be going at any time :( (county law) . Thanks everyone for your input so far and I look forward to reading more great ideas!! :popcorn: :thx:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Dkellam said:
It's a soft top. I can try to post pictures of the Jeep a little later. I'm interested in any recommendations, not just Feniex. However, I have seen Feniex lights and they are extremely thin and bright.
As far as the minimalistic approach goes, I would love to light it up but only 2 lights will be going at any time :( (county law) . Thanks everyone for your input so far and I look forward to reading more great ideas!! :popcorn: :thx:

Glad you're open to other companies (not just tunnel vision on one). Whelen and FedSig have always been my favorites, but SOS recently joined them in my personal top 3 list...their fantastic innovation in the past few years (especially mounting flexibility to put lights virtually anywhere) and their quality have really impressed me.

That being said, have you considered their new nForce products? I still believe that the TIR6 is the best dash light for the wrangler window, but the nForce would be great rear warning that provides a solid linear footprint IMO (1 solid red and 1 solid amber just above the rear brake/reverse light housing on each side) or a SNM Dual E6 Red/Amber lighthead on each side...either rear option + the slimlighter = simple and effective.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
I like the par idea, do you already have the mounts? you could do the cannons and a bar from the bottom of the roll bar showing in the rear window. We do alot with jeeps since we do 4x4 and truck supplys

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
Jamey@NNE said:
I like the par idea, do you already have the mounts? you could do the cannons and a bar from the bottom of the roll bar showing in the rear window. We do alot with jeeps since we do 4x4 and truck supplys

I do not have the mounts for the PARs yet. How would you mount it in the rear? It would be great to see pictures of installs ya'll have done on Jeeps if it's not too much to ask... :D

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
My guys dont take pics unfortunately. Most the jeeps we do though are for off road not public safety. the bar that goes across the back for the frame of the top, attach a bracket to that and hang the bar to where it shows in the rear window. a long L bracket should work for it.

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
Jamey@NNE said:
My guys dont take pics unfortunately. Most the jeeps we do though are for off road not public safety. the bar that goes across the back for the frame of the top, attach a bracket to that and hang the bar to where it shows in the rear window. a long L bracket should work for it.

How does that work with the Top folding up and down?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.