Yankee-Atlas speaker

smokin351

Feb 28, 2012
Bluegrass State
So I’m literally going through everything at the moment and trying to get things figured out. Can someone give me any info on this speaker? I bought it probably 10 years ago as a VGC piece with just some minor paint flakes/spots missing around the top of the bolt hole mounts. It doesn’t appear to have ever been mounted unless it was “softly” mounted as a display piece. Perhaps shelf wear or something bumping on it chipped the paint in those spots. I’ve seen some posts of this speaker with brand tags of *Atlas* or *Signal* but this one has the *Yankee* tag. Wasn’t sure if it made a difference.

Also found a CP-25 speaker mount with the cast cradle that I had completely forgotten about but we’ll save that for another time…

Attachments

• IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5652.jpeg
    IMG_5652.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5654.jpeg
    IMG_5654.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5656.jpeg
    IMG_5656.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 13

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
It was not uncommon for manufacturers of warning devices to make their products for another company. Around these forums we call it "rebadging". Your Yankee speaker was made by Atlas, they simply authorized it to be sold as a Yankee product.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.