Your input for the HHR?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I'm thinking to go with a retro look, as the car is based on a classic vehicle.

How about a bar with 2 lights, each having a forward and backward facing lens. For energy efficiency (remember, this is a 4 cylinder vehicle) I'd like to use round LEDs; 1 red and 1 blue. The center of the bar would need what at least looks like a chrome mechanical siren. (It could be a dummy and mount the real siren in the grille.)

The second picture is the style of light I'm thinking about. First photo is the vehicle today.

So, what are your suggestions?

HEL.jpg

light.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I wasn't sure where to put it. It will be a finished install soon. :thumbsup:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
SBFD-E-9 said:
Put a Jr. Beacon Ray on top!

Dan

That is on the short list. Would you do 2 of them, with the siren in the middle?

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
I did one mine as an old cop car, and a friend of mines of a fire chiefs car. It was on the old forum, don't know if anyone here could find them again. Put a jr beacon ray on the roof couple of grille lights and deck lights call it a day.

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
JazzDad said:
That is on the short list. Would you do 2 of them, with the siren in the middle?

It depends on how far you want to go with it I guess. I think that would look nice, but might be over the top to some. You could just do one Jr. in the center and some lights in the grille and back window like car54 said, also.

Dan

GaryErrol

May 28, 2010
Indianapolis
If you have a sun roof, that may limit what you can mount on the roof, at least permanently. I have a PT Cruiser with a moon roof, the radio shop had to mount my GMRS antenna at the back of the roof because of that. I also went the slick top route for the same reason.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
EL, at the red hhr wheels were factory, the black and white hhr (mine) were wheel vintiques.

Gary, the red hhr had a sun roof and I mounted it right behind it. It was a pia to wire around it and it only limited the sun roof to up and down not slide back but the owner didn't mind.

Thanks to EL for reposting them here too. Joe.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Thanks, folks.

No sunroof, so I don't have that limitation.

I'd like to do a red and blue lollipop, on a Unity bar. But because that's all I would do, I'd like the light guts to be LED. I'm currently slick top with a DashLaser, but it doesn't fit the look of the car.

Keep the ideas coming.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Thats ok EL, in the photo you have they are factory. His are wheels vintiques because thats what I later put on mine. lol

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
car54 said:
Thats ok EL, in the photo you have they are factory. His are wheels vintiques because thats what I later put on mine. lol

Ahhh, you recognized them. The Baby Moons are a bit flimsy, but I still like the look.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.