Your opinions please

Knight90

May 28, 2010
Texas
Its storming here so I can't work on my install so I figured I would play a little. My only concern at the moment is that it is friction fitted for now and I'm wondering if the heat from it will melt the plastics around it. It is a halogen housing from a dashmiser.

uploadfromtaptalk1380398851670.jpg

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
There shouldn't be an issue, they are designed to be mounted in plastic taillight housings.

Knight90

May 28, 2010
Texas
This is kinda where I'm going with this. Haven't decided if the T6s are the ones I will use or how I would mount them.

uploadfromtaptalk1380402116253.jpg

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Knight90 said:
Also have some 500s that were lying around so this could be another option.

I have done it with LIN6s like you show here and it came out pretty sweet. I left the center as a Steady Red halogen.

Knight90

May 28, 2010
Texas
I'm thinking that is the route I'm going to take because I have those collecting dust and I can put the T6s to other use.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I would stick with the Lin6; easy to hook up, little amp draw, easy to sync, & you can leave it running while the vehicle is off!

I certainly do like strobes, but I think the flashback would be more than my liking. However, if you're windshield defroster is not working, the strobes will serve a dual purpose for you ;-)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.