New PA State Trooper car

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Storm4200 said:
is that a DUO bar?

Most likely...

The car looks awesome... This only thing I'd change is the way the graphics are in the front... I'd extend them under the headlights...

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
TritonBoulder47 said:
Most likely...

The car looks awesome... This only thing I'd change is the way the graphics are in the front... I'd extend them under the headlights...

Yeah, I agree, That would look pretty cool under the headlights!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
acala91 said:
This car needs a set of micro Pioneers on the push bar setup as wigwags.

that or a set of pedestal mounted M4s :undecided:

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
CHIEFOPS said:
"super sharp"? "Awesome"?
What am I missing?

Change is a big deal for PSP. They've almost exclusively used crown vics with fed sig visions since the mid 90's, and they only started upgrading to LED bars in the last few years. For people who see/work with PSP on a regular basis, it's just kinda cool to see something new and "fresh."

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Saw a new car light up yesterday. The new cars have vertex's in red/blue split in the outer corners of the headlights, and clear vertex's on the inner side of the headlights. They also have vertex's in the rear tail lights as well as what looks to be avengers mounted to the rear headliner, and the duo liberty bar.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
pretty sure there's a thread on this already :undecided:

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
ff168577 said:
Most of the cars have had dual unitys for several years now. It is for the night shift when they are 2 man cars.

Double up at night? That reduces coverage a bit I would think.

That strap on their cover belongs on the back of the head, btw. ;)

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
11b101abn said:
Double up at night? That reduces coverage a bit I would think.

That strap on their cover belongs on the back of the head, btw. ;)

I agree on coverage but they do it for officer safety because they can be very spaced out from each other if they were in single man cars after midnight.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
cant say Im a fan of the overall appearance of either the SUV or the sedan. Too...small..smushed? And never been a fan of a vehicle that doesnt have same size windows front and back. Id think theyd want larger to the rear, not vice versa

Regardless of liking them or not, people need to understand this is HUGE for PSP. They are usually so far behind times on vehs and tech, due to how "smart" Harrisburg is...For example up until last year, they were still getting Crown Vics delivered with FedSig Rotators on some vehs and even getting new cars and retro fitting old lightbars and non compliant radios. They just recently started getting the XTL5000 radios installed in new and existing vehs. The other day i was talking to a buddy and his car had 6000 miles on it and an old FedSig bar with 2 rotators that were out or froze. New cars with old tech, and old cars with new tech...

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
FireFighter2968 said:
Like I said these cars were for crash testing, they were not fully outfitted. Hence the tacky cable in door, and no antennas/radios.

Never heard of such a thing.... They won't take Ford's word for it and have to crash their own vehicles? Where is the sense in that?

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
FireFighter2968 said:
Ford doesnt outfit the cars with PSP equipment, so they dont whats going to fly and break, hit troopers and cause ill effects Etc.

Its surprising to me to read how everyone says PSP is behind the times yet they make it a point to do this. I am impressed they are this concerned with their officer's safety....very impressed. You don't read about departments smashing up brand new cars just to keep their people safe. :thumbsup:

Oh another added feature, which i am very impressed went into the thought process:

When the drivers door is opened, the front drivers side Corner led on the liberty bar Shuts Off, so as to not blind the trooper when entering and exiting a veh.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
If they are going to wreck it, why even stripe it? Putting on a bar and PB makes sense in a weird way, but stripes?

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
I think the above interceptors were the test vehicles to go to different barracks, hence the tacky light bar cable. I have never heard of the Psp doing there own crash tests but, they may. I will say, however, this a huge improvement on lighting the Psp. I am very impressed by the new lighting set up on the cars. As much as tradition is nice, officer safety and modernization is always nice to see.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
FireFighter2968 said:
Regardless of liking them or not, people need to understand this is HUGE for PSP. They are usually so far behind times on vehs and tech, due to how "smart" Harrisburg is...

If you think that's bad, you'd hate the DOC. They don't give two shits about us or our equipment. We're still carrying around S&W Model 65's....

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Andy L. said:
Never heard of such a thing.... They won't take Ford's word for it and have to crash their own vehicles? Where is the sense in that?

I think by "crash testing" he may have meant a demo or test car. I dont think (and I would hope they wouldnt) they would use taxpayer money to buy a brand new cruiser just to crash it.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I saw one in person (well, in passing as it was driving) the other day... They look even better than the pictures... Very sharp looking...

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
So, my parents neighbor was driving a new car today. I originally thought the rear head liner lights were avengers, however they are not. They are spitfire ions. I did not want to bother him while eating lunch, so I am not sure what his opinion is on the car. Overall, I liked the look and set up of the car.

013-1 (800x533).jpg

015-1 (800x533).jpg

016-1 (800x533).jpg

018-1 (800x533).jpg

020-1 (800x533).jpg

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
ff168577 said:
So, my parents neighbor was driving a new car today. I originally thought the rear head liner lights were avengers, however they are not. They are spitfire ions. I did not want to bother him while eating lunch, so I am not sure what his opinion is on the car. Overall, I liked the look and set up of the car.

I really like how the chevron graphics are catching on everywhere; I think they are very effective.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
FireFighter2968 said:
Oh another added feature, which i am very impressed went into the thought process:

When the drivers door is opened, the front drivers side Corner led on the liberty bar Shuts Off, so as to not blind the trooper when entering and exiting a veh.

I like that forward thinking too. Refreshing!

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
Rofocowboy84 said:
If you think that's bad, you'd hate the DOC. They don't give two shits about us or our equipment. We're still carrying around S&W Model 65's....

Apparently there's no emoticon for miffed so,..here

:|

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
FireEMSPolice said:
I think by "crash testing" he may have meant a demo or test car. I dont think (and I would hope they wouldnt) they would use taxpayer money to buy a brand new cruiser just to crash it.

Troopers are taxpayers too, and their safety is worth more than a "taxpayers" opinion on this practice, imo.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
11b101abn said:
Whats wrong w/ killing the front lights?

I shut down my lights except for rear flashers on almost all of my stops.

I think he's praising them for the innovative concept, unless I misunderstand

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.