Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
Dunno,
Batterangs maybe?

Here's a picture of them mounted on my Jet before I tore it all apart.

Side and end shot.

6.JPG

9.JPG

Jun 18, 2013
PA
chief1565 said:
Here's a picture of them mounted on my Jet before I tore it all apart.
Side and end shot.

Its possible they are there to offer some protection to the feet themselves. Were these feet prone to bending or breakage? It almost looks like its supposed to reenforce the feet while offering forward protection. These things look very familiar to the polymer feet that replaced the metal in design.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
I don't know if the seller is a lying thief, or just outright mentally challenged. In any case, look at the ad...

--This came off a '53 Chevy truck? Only if it was part of an alarm added on later in its life.

--$130 firm! Did they legalize pot in CA?

I'm going to call the guy and see if he'll take $120. I'll bet my 175 hill light with the glass lens that he'll take it!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/4479234175.html

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Tristar said:
I don't know if the seller is a lying thief, or just outright mentally challenged. In any case, look at the ad...
--This came off a '53 Chevy truck? Only if it was part of an alarm added on later in its life.

--$130 firm! Did they legalize pot in CA?

I'm going to call the guy and see if he'll take $120. I'll bet my 175 hill light with the glass lens that he'll take it!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/4479234175.html

"If you are the one that call private and leave a voicemail @ (9:11pm) on 5/21/2014 you are the moron and fag because you do not have the balls to call me straight.... You know who you are you piece of shit. If you have problem be man and call straight block calls are for faggots like you (lol)

I never said it was off a fire truck. It sounds like a fire truck moron read the ad again."

Please tell me you are the reason he added that line ^^^ :dielaugh:

Reactions: PJD642

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
tsquale said:
"If you are the one that call private and leave a voicemail @ (9:11pm) on 5/21/2014 you are the moron and fag because you do not have the balls to call me straight.... You know who you are you piece of shit. If you have problem be man and call straight block calls are for faggots like you (lol)

I never said it was off a fire truck. It sounds like a fire truck moron read the ad again."

Posting removed. :confused:

Jun 18, 2013
PA
tsquale said:

Dammit where the hell did the "like" button go when you need it!!!

Seriously Tristar if that was you... you win all the days internetz..

Trolling CL is a win!

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
I admit that I misunderstood the ad...I thought he was implying that it was off a '53 fire truck. He in fact said that it sounds like a fire truck siren (sure it does!). I'm guessing that he didn't like my offer of $120...he did say $130 FIRM. I'm also guessing that the ad was removed due to the poster's use of rude, derogatory, and foul language. In addition, his command of the English language is a bit lacking! On top of that, he doesn't even know me...how is he assuming that he knows what my sexual orientation is???...In a way, it would be nice if he was right...then I wouldn't have to worry about my wife getting angry at me for spending money on lights,...(just kidding). Oh well, I guess I annoyed yet another person that Darwin missed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Tristar said:
I admit that I misunderstood the ad...I thought he was implying that it was off a '53 fire truck. He in fact said that it sounds like a fire truck siren (sure it does!). I'm guessing that he didn't like my offer of $120...he did say $130 FIRM. I'm also guessing that the ad was removed due to the poster's use of rude, derogatory, and foul language. In addition, his command of the English language is a bit lacking! On top of that, he doesn't even know me...how is he assuming that he knows what my sexual orientation is???...In a way, it would be nice if he was right...then I wouldn't have to worry about my wife getting angry at me for spending money on lights,...(just kidding). Oh well, I guess I annoyed yet another person that Darwin missed.

Too bad the ad was pulled so quickly. I would've liked to have seen what it was.....and then give him hell too! :p

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
I checked CL, and found that my friend had multiple ads for his siren that sounds like a fire truck. I wish I had seen this ad, because he clearly stated "Do not contact me if you not serious I do not have time for B.S." (sic). Had I known that, I wouldn't have called him. Skip - You're going to call him, aren't you? Ask him if he'll take $125 for it, and then tell him how that POS "siren" cost about $12 new!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/4472946540.html

May 10, 2012
New England
tsquale said:

I don't know the CL guy, but I find it especially odd how the guy goes out of his way to mention sexual orientation. Why does it seem that he is practically begging to be called straight not once, but twice in that message? And he mentions "fag" twice. Even manages to specify "have the balls to call me straight".

Methinks he needs to speak to a psychologist and come to terms with himself.

Reactions: Tristar

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Very good point! He reminds me a little bit of the father who is the retired army colonel in the movie American Beauty. He was very manly and tough (and I think homophobic), and near the end of the movie you see him try to kiss Kevin Spacey.

Jun 18, 2013
PA

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Tristar said:
I checked CL, and found that my friend had multiple ads for his siren that sounds like a fire truck. I wish I had seen this ad, because he clearly stated "Do not contact me if you not serious I do not have time for B.S." (sic). Had I known that, I wouldn't have called him. Skip - You're going to call him, aren't you? Ask him if he'll take $125 for it, and then tell him how that POS "siren" cost about $12 new!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/4472946540.html

I'll give me a holler. I can't believe he'd want that much for a burglar alarm siren that sold for $40 new.

Ripoff City, USA! :p

Jun 18, 2013
PA

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
There is a guy here localy on craigslist selling a red/blue halogen vista for $500 he says its LED but you can clearly see the rotators inside...... I tried to reason with him but he does not know anything about emergency lighting...... 

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
This head case has his "siren" posted again...It's still listed for $130, so I'm not posting it in the "good deals..." thread. 

Skip - PLEASE call him...I really want to know if he'll take $120, but I'm afraid to call him again.

The link to his new ad is: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/4487920846.html

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
$500 for an Aerodynic?  And, why do people keep calling them "AERODYNE" light bars?  Can't they read the nameplate on the equipment? 

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/pts/4485387242.html
The same guy posted another ad for his "Aerodyne".  I think he changed the ad a bit, because I don't recall reading the BS that's in the current ad (I made the BS bold).

"Federal Aerodyne collector's edition. This lightbar model # 24EAH was made specifically for the North Dakota State Patrol police department. It has 6 amber sections with clear sealed beam work lights on the front ends & 2 red rear brake lights on the rear ends. The lenses are in incredible condition. This bar was from the 80's but is so clean you would never know it. Bar fully functions great. The mounts and a nice long cable are included. You will never find one it this condition anywhere as this was part of an indoor display for many years. Worth over $800.00 any day but will sacrifice for $500.00 firm."

It's a collector's edition light, yet it was made specifically for the NDSP.  And I'm sure the NDSP used lightbars that were 75% amber to the front.  Since this light is worth over $800 any day, and he'll let it go for only $500, I'll post the ad in the "good deals" thread (just kidding). 

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/pts/4505861710.html

Reactions: Mrlunchbox
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Lol

Its gonna be there awhile... long long while.

When you hear lines like its worth $XXX but I am letting it go for $ZZZ its usually a prelude to some BullSh*t.

The same guy posted another ad for his "Aerodyne".  I think he changed the ad a bit, because I don't recall reading the BS that's in the current ad (I made the BS bold).

"Federal Aerodyne collector's edition. This lightbar model # 24EAH was made specifically for the North Dakota State Patrol police department. It has 6 amber sections with clear sealed beam work lights on the front ends & 2 red rear brake lights on the rear ends. The lenses are in incredible condition. This bar was from the 80's but is so clean you would never know it. Bar fully functions great. The mounts and a nice long cable are included. You will never find one it this condition anywhere as this was part of an indoor display for many years. Worth over $800.00 any day but will sacrifice for $500.00 firm."

It's a collector's edition light, yet it was made specifically for the NDSP.  And I'm sure the NDSP used lightbars that were 75% amber to the front.  Since this light is worth over $800 any day, and he'll let it go for only $500, I'll post the ad in the "good deals" thread (just kidding). 

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Is there anything even salvageable from those?

I don't know much about them but unless you can part them out and replace the cones and whatnot,  just buy new ones..

Sometimes one man's trash is just... another man's trash: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Harley-Davidson-FLHT-Touring-Electra-Glide-FL-Whelen-Police-Sirens-Horns-/310983331461

Does the seller really believe that the model, year and mileage of the donor bike is relevant at this point? Anyway, I hope the motor officer is OK

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Mini Jetsonic on bar w/ magnets - only $525.  I'll call him and see if he meant $52.50. 

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/bar/4515638488.html
 Kind of hope so...a brand new one is only $315: http://www.truckntow.com/p-19296-federal-signal-mini-jet-halogen-bar.aspx

I'd guess the bar even with magnets & feet...'probably'...isn't worth another $200....lol

Actually that whole contraption looks a bit on the scary side....why not just use the magnets on the light itself?

Saves having that $200 crossbar from being.......stolen... :crazy:

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Lightbar Liquidators - Home

....the Craigslist guy from Woburn......hahahahahahhahhahahahahahaha!!!!!

check out the parts section....MX7000 rotators 149.95 for 3 as they are nearly impossible to find......my good god
I saw this guy at an antique firetruck show & flea market near Boston today.  I didn't talk with the guy because I was afraid I was going to say what I think and not filter what my brain sends to my mouth.  In any case, he appears to be a bit of a wacker (no surprise).  He has a white Suburban with an LED lightbar on it.  On the back window in HUGE letters is the word "RESCUE".  On either side of "rescue" he has round DHS stickers.  On the sides of the vehicle are large Star of Life stickers.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that he has a 3 ft square Star of Life sticker on the roof.  In case you're wondering, it's not an official or department vehicle...it has vanity plates on it. 

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!! What an idiot!!! If he had dug more into the North Dakota Highway Patrol, he'd found they ran THIS AeroDynic:

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_NDHP_2024EAH_20AeroDynic_100_2482_zps3b3a9af4.jpg

I restored this 24EAH to the correct specs, sans the inner bulkhead mirrors (my choosing to leave those out). Also, the line "North Dakota State Patrol police department" screams "I can't figure out their exact name; too damn lazy to find out more, so I'll guess." So much fail on so many levels. I'm tempted to send this picture and about half a dozen others of 1980s NDHP vehicles with their correct Aeros to prove this klutz wrong. It's a neat wrecker-type AeroDynic, but not for that stoner price. Tool :hopeless:  .

Reactions: tsquale and Tristar

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
I saw this guy at an antique firetruck show & flea market near Boston today.  I didn't talk with the guy because I was afraid I was going to say what I think and not filter what my brain sends to my mouth.  In any case, he appears to be a bit of a wacker (no surprise).  He has a white Suburban with an LED lightbar on it.  On the back window in HUGE letters is the word "RESCUE".  On either side of "rescue" he has round DHS stickers.  On the sides of the vehicle are large Star of Life stickers.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that he has a 3 ft square Star of Life sticker on the roof.  In case you're wondering, it's not an official or department vehicle...it has vanity plates on it. 
DHS?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Top secret code name for Dept of Homeland Security. The guy must be legit, or he wouldn't have access to that kind of inside info.  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Reminds me of a PA State Constable car I've seen bearing large "Counterterrorism Task Force" lettering. I mean no disrespect, but Constables in PA are officers of the lower courts, and are not empowered to conduct law enforcement or investigation. Kinda puts a crimp in that counterterrorism mission, ya think?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.