Ultimate Siren demo thread

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Nice,Raf.  First time I've seen the updated control head and the addition of the priority sound.

I had an "original" EQ2B 200-watt unit.  Traded it to a friend in Canada for a C5GB siren and a mint 888 light.

If they'd make that siren in a smaller package, I'd love to have another one.

Is the amp. for the 100-watt EQ2 is as big as the 200-watt model?  I've not seen a 100-watt model close-up.

Jan 17, 2013
NY
Nice,Raf.  First time I've seen the updated control head and the addition of the priority sound.

I had an "original" EQ2B 200-watt unit.  Traded it to a friend in Canada for a C5GB siren and a mint 888 light.

If they'd make that siren in a smaller package, I'd love to have another one.

Is the amp. for the 100-watt EQ2 is as big as the 200-watt model?  I've not seen a 100-watt model close-up.
To me this one seems more compact. The amp for the 100 watt seemed like it took up more space but this one seems to put it into a more compact package. Having had both Id say this one is much more organized and gives you more space.

Reactions: Skip Goulet

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
To me this one seems more compact. The amp for the 100 watt seemed like it took up more space but this one seems to put it into a more compact package. Having had both Id say this one is much more organized and gives you more space.

I liked the one I had except that the yelp sounded awful; but the airhorn was awesome.  To be able to get the true Q sound in a much smaller package would be nice.  Everyone has their own mechanical sounds now, like my Whelen Gamma-2 has a decent mechanical tone, but because of patent rights, etc., nothing out there except the original X-Ecutors have that true Q sound.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Whelen Alpha 22Q. Has been owned by several eLb board members. 

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I checked this one out a couple of days ago, Pimp.  Nice-sounding. Chris at Sirennet has them at $161, if it's the same siren.  The amp is small enough to fit in my console, which is what I need.

BTW, they finally got headphones here in the library so I can now listen to some of this stuff! :)

Hey guys, 

Check out my siren demos

I had a PA300 one up but took it down, might do another one later,

Currently have a demo of a Smart Siren: 

Raf:  Does the 100-watt EQ2B still use the big amp. like the original?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The new EQ2b control head looks better, but they still need to do something about that yelp tone.  

Rest assured, as soon as I get a power source sorted, and my mic setup properly, you'll be hearing/seeing a few siren vids from me.  Including (if it works) the Stirling Tri-Sound

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
The new EQ2b control head looks better, but they still need to do something about that yelp tone.  
I agree.   My EQ2's yelp sounded terrible, but the airhorn and siren were just fine.

Whelen 295SLSA6

Does this one do the mechanical tone like the 295SL100 I heard recently.   For the moment I'm on a computer that won't let me on YouTube. I'll have to wait until I'm back at the library to hear this one.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I liked the one I had except that the yelp sounded awful; but the airhorn was awesome.  To be able to get the true Q sound in a much smaller package would be nice.  Everyone has their own mechanical sounds now, like my Whelen Gamma-2 has a decent mechanical tone, but because of patent rights, etc., nothing out there except the original X-Ecutors have that true Q sound.
Got to re-listen to this one. Last time the computer was acting up and I didn't hear it all the way through.  I love the roll down on the newer model.  My original didn't roll anywhere near that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.