Whelen Duo ION?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I have been looking online at various retailers and have not found them. Are they available yet? If not, do you know when they will be available?

Thanks

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
Most places "have" them listed on their websites but production is still slim on them since they order them in batches. I don't think anyone has any in stock. I called Sirennet and SWPS last week and they all had orders just haven't been full filled yet from Whelen.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Cant believe they dont have Red Amber as yet 2/13/15.

The Trio does but that looks to be different electronics without individual trigger wires for the first two colors.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
as I was looking at them, are they a linear optic or TIR?

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Cant believe they dont have Red Amber as yet 2/13/15.

The Trio does but that looks to be different electronics without individual trigger wires for the first two colors.
I wish there was separate triggers for the colors. I run Blue for my VFD and Red / White / Siren for my Dive Team. I'm gonna just go with the DUO Ion's. 

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I wish there was separate triggers for the colors. I run Blue for my VFD and Red / White / Siren for my Dive Team. I'm gonna just go with the DUO Ion's. 
You can hook a momentary wire up to to the yellow "mode" wire and it functions like the scan lock wire. Mode 5 is color 1&3 (r/w) mode 6 is colors 2&3 (b/w) and the B/W wire activates the steady feature on the white.

Blackjack

Sep 16, 2012
NJ
Can the override for the white on the trio be made to flash or does it only do steady burn? And can the override be activated without power to the red main wire?

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.