Support Conversations how to clear unread notification

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So a with the site move... all my Messages.. now called conversations show as unread. After spending 20 min clearing the number from XX to XX I have started to ignore it. Is there anyway to just mark ALL as read so the number goes away?

Anyway to delete conversations?

And any faq on conversations? right now its a complete cluster in regards to organization.

Thanks,
Rob

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
If you are using a PC and go to your messages you should see select buttons on the left. Click those for each message and a pop up will come up. Choose your option from there. Options include: mark unread, mark read, delete. etc. See the photo below for an example.

Capture.PNG

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Tony,
Thanks but this is what I was doing previously, it only allows you to select 1 page at a time. This leads into removing or archiving older messages as they pop up in the quick view window without rhyme or reason..

So no way to just clear all messages as read?

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
If you look at the photo that I posted above the "GO" and "X" you will see a select all button. If you select that it will select all conversations and allow you to mark them. I only have one page of conversations so I do not know if this will select multiple pages or just the current page.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I just went back through the oldest pages and just started clearing away again.
As for deleting it appears you can select to leave a conversation.. Which is fine instead of delete. It prompts a question asking if you want to ignore future replies so I have yet to test if you can do that to multiple conversations.

Upvote 0

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok so i have gone through and deleted several pages of "unread conversations" and the unread count is still the same....:confused:

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I just went back through the oldest pages and just started clearing away again.
As for deleting it appears you can select to leave a conversation.. Which is fine instead of delete. It prompts a question asking if you want to ignore future replies so I have yet to test if you can do that to multiple conversations.
I have tested this and you can leave multiple conversations and allow the new replies to still come through. Thank you for pointing that out.

ok so i have gone through and deleted several pages of "unread conversations" and the unread count is still the same....:confused:
I am unable to replicate that issue on my account. The total properly updates for me.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2013
PA

Jared go to your oldest conversations and select multiple like shown above then just mark them all read, repeat and work your way forward to the most recent. This did the trick for me...

Upvote 0

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Did it and did it. I'm sorry you can't replicate it on your end but this us on 2 different computers 2 different browsers in 2 different counties plus its on my iPod so I know THIS problem isn't on my end for once

Upvote 0

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so being on county computer with all the add stuff blocked I got them all finally marked off.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.