Fighting17th's Sale Thread

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Did you have that console in your F150?

Yes, but it didn't fit like you'd think. Long story. I had the FX4 F-150 with the console shifter, not the column shifter. I bought the Explorer console because I figured it would fit the same, since the shifters looked the same, but it wasn't even close. The shifter in the F-150 is much bigger than the shifter in the Explorer. So what I ended up doing, was removing the "Explorer-specific" plate from the console and using it like a regular universal console. Then, I bought a 2nd factory console off of ebay (just so I had a spare) and I dremeled the entire rear half of the factory console off, and ran the Havis console off of the back of that. So I basically removed the storage compartment on the factory console. It actually fit perfect, right up to the rear seat (not that I really used the rear seat anyway, it was usually folded up and I kept some gear back there, the toolboxes were nice for stuff I didn't use as often, but noting beats having your turnout gear right where you can get to it quickly).

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/70058-truck-sold-2006-ford-f-150-fx4-fire-response-vehicle/

That's my listing for when I was trying to sell my truck complete, check it out. I'll probably remove that listing soon though because I'm starting to sell off all the stuff I removed.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
No I'm sorry I do not have them available for sale. They'll be reused on the new truck. I wish we could edit our original posts. I have several items sold and some updates to make.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Just a quick update, until I can actually edit the post. Of the stuff I have for sale, the Valor I've decided is going on my new truck, so it is no longer for sale. All of the Defenders are sold. The Predators and Linz6s are SPF on ebay. The console and Kenwood bracket are gone. The grille guard is pending a meet up next week, I will update once that happens (or doesn't).
That pretty much only leaves the Unitys (which I do have 2 maybe 4 LED bulbs also for), the Secure Idle, and the Setina brackets, of the stuff I still have listed.
Once I can edit the post I will add more items as well. I have several brand new Whelen Beta siren amps and remote heads, a bunch of 911EP Millennium parts, a pair of H13 Lifetime LED headlights brand new, a couple of blue demo lightbars, and probably a couple of other things.
Also, for possible trades, I obviously don't need a lightbar now, and I found a good deal on one used Pioneer PFA2, so I would like to find a 2nd matching one in 12volt, unless someone wants to buy this one for a good price, and I can put an offer in on a new pair with poles I see on ebay.
PM me if anything you see in this post catches your attention, and sorry for the hassle. I know the ELB team is working hard to get the bugs worked out of the new system update.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Major thread update now that I can edit the original post.
Lots of items added.
Scroll to the bottom of the first post for Federal Signal light bars before I start parting them out.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I may need a blue passenger side Legend ROC board

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I may need a blue passenger side Legend ROC board

Hey sorry the new update must've booted me from getting email updates again, I just saw this. I'm probably going to part them out, so message me on Facebook: John Columbia.

Also, thread update, I picked up 5 Tomar Blades R/B this weekend while I was out near Thurmont for a good price. Some of them will probably be parted out as well, but I could probably make one or two all red or all blue nice bars out of them.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Huge update! Make sure to scroll through all of the first 3 posts.

roaddawg7

Apr 7, 2013
Linden, VA
the tomar bars are tough to take apart but its not bad. You just need a small power drill and a dental pic to unhook the ribbons that go from head to head. I've built up a few I got for cheap. The new lens and gasket kits are around $100 or so. Nice bars but when they leak its over, my old patrol car had one and in the rain it would turn on by it self and id have to take it apart the next day so it dried out.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
the tomar bars are tough to take apart but its not bad. You just need a small power drill and a dental pic to unhook the ribbons that go from head to head. I've built up a few I got for cheap. The new lens and gasket kits are around $100 or so. Nice bars but when they leak its over, my old patrol car had one and in the rain it would turn on by it self and id have to take it apart the next day so it dried out.

That's what I've been finding out with these, they seem to be more trouble than they're worth, that's why I'd rather sell them all to someone who has more time to mess around with them making them all red, all blue, or someone who can use them as R/B.
I tried taking one apart and the front and rear lens strips seem to be stuck in place pretty good, even with light taps from a hammer they don't seem to want to come out. This was on the fifth bar that I already sold. I haven't tried with any of these 4 yet.
I know these bars are glitchy. Even on the modules that I have noted in the description as being burnt out, at least one of them slightly came back on for a few seconds during a quick bench test. They're not perfect, and definitely for someone who wants to take the time to clean them up, or for someone who wants a cheap LED bar. Hence the price. I'll make an even better deal if someone wants to pick them up, rather than me have to deal with finding boxes and packaging them up.

roaddawg7

Apr 7, 2013
Linden, VA
you have to pull the lens out from the top or bottom and keep pulling along the outside of the bar. The gaskets keep them from sliding out. Once you do it once its easy. If I were closer Id buy them. I like projects like that for a good challenge.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
you have to pull the lens out from the top or bottom and keep pulling along the outside of the bar. The gaskets keep them from sliding out. Once you do it once its easy. If I were closer Id buy them. I like projects like that for a good challenge.

I just sold the parts bar, and updated and lowered the price on the rest.
PM me to discuss further if youre interested. I saw your location and I'll actually be heading out 68 in MD this weekend to head towards the Gettysburg area. If it's any closer of a drive I could meet you in the Thurmont area no problem, or maybe even a little south in Frederick.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Bump. Huge thread update, many items added. Make sure to check second post for lightbar parts.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
John is awesome to deal with, I've had multiple transactions with him, always great communication and timeliness! I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again, and neither should you!

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
John is awesome to deal with, I've had multiple transactions with him, always great communication and timeliness! I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again, and neither should you!

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I know the items listed now are lacking, I have some more to list soon. Just trying to get pictures together and find the time to do it.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Huge major massive enormous extensive substantial significant thread UPDATE! Lot's of cheap items added. More to come. Especially with pictures of all the CPD bar parts.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Estimate on the shipping for the 60" tailgate bar to 17601?

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
HUGE THREAD UPDATE!!
Many items added. Finally had a chance to update the thread.

Please make an offer on anything, especially the parts in the 2nd and 3rd posts.
I'd be willing to trade the Liberty for a pair of LED pole Pioneers or similar. Make any trade offers you want, worst I can say is no.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Bump. A few items marked as sold on ebay. Keep it coming. Need to get rid of this stuff. New work car fund.... or maybe blinkies for the new work car fund ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.