Whelen / GTT opticom are they still in use?

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
it has been sitting on my shelf for the past year or 2. The image is not the actual item but a stock image. but it came out of a liberty with the mount and both led take downs. All of the wiring and convectors and small sticker with instructions are still attached like it was new out of a box. it has been a while since i have been in the Unfitting game. do people still use Opticom? and if so what do u think is a fair price ?

http://www.whelen.com/images/_automotive/Emitters/GTT_Opti-Com/Applications/795h-liberty.jpg

Rescue 1

Feb 14, 2014
Delaware
I know in the state of Delaware we still use them. Sorry I'd be no help on the value. I know they are uber expensive when you put them in a new lightbar. Like double the price of the bar....

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Lots of urban regions in Ontario (Canada) use opticoms- however they are all encoded now and also use the RF verification technology. If yours is the same as the stock photo you provided it may have some of those features.

FLSurplus

Mar 29, 2015
Sunshine State
I believe the current Whelen list price is at least $1700+ for these. In the used market these generally sell for $500-$750. It's a rare and special order item , anything less would be giving it away. Older "strobe" Opticoms still sell for $250-$500 currently.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.