2015 Jeep Patriot FF Pov

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Here is an updated video and list of my Patriot.

Equipment installed:

Feniex Typhoon handheld
Federal Signal AS124
AWL Venom 4.0
AWL Signal dash light dual color red/white
Speed Tech Striker 6
Feniex T3’s on intersection bracket

I hated to go with STL but after searching for a couple hours on multiple websites, new and used, I could not find anything other than the STL that would fit inside my hatch on my Patriot. I caught it on Black Friday so I didn’t pay too much for it if it fails.

The only thing I have left to install is the Feniex T3’s on an intersection bracket up front and to redo all my wiring and make it neater.

Attachments

• B7B0F2C8-DB15-40D4-84F7-47105F5A43D1.jpeg
    B7B0F2C8-DB15-40D4-84F7-47105F5A43D1.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 41
  • A333B1C7-F3B6-4DDE-8393-3D6BCD971CE7.jpeg
    A333B1C7-F3B6-4DDE-8393-3D6BCD971CE7.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Make sure you have the hdr function enabled on your iPhone camera

Reactions: Mattdecker

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
You can use picresize.com from mobile to shrink photos. I have had good success with that.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
also photobucket

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ai1174.photobucket.com_albums_r608_wmdecker20_IMG_0093_zpsko3kfpxf.jpg

ai1174.photobucket.com_albums_r608_wmdecker20_IMG_0120_zps6ogrkub1.jpg

just fyi next time take the link from your account, click on the lil "mountain" looking thing next to the movie strip looking thing and post the link in it.. itll post the image in the thread like this...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
What plans do you have for future lighting?
The smart siren controller looks right at home there!! The dashmiser looks pretty big for that windshield, though, IMO

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
What plans do you have for future lighting?
The smart siren controller looks right at home there!! The dashmiser looks pretty big for that windshield, though, IMO

I'm not really sure yet on lighting. Me and the wife discussed it and I'm going to pay our credit card off before I buy anything else for the Jeep. With as much overtime as I'm getting I should be able to do something by summer.

The Smartsiren is at home there. It's at a perfect angle where I can see it and hit the buttons without looking also.

The Dashmiser was a little big for it in the windshield. I moved it down onto the dash. I will post pics in a few of the new placement.

Reactions: Tony P

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Bump.

Moved the Dashmiser back up behind the rear view mirror.

I took out the internal power supply and wired it up to a Whelen CSP8180 180 watt power supply.

Ignore the wiring mess, ran out of connectors and didn't know it so I can't hook it up until this coming weekend.

It's currently set on Action Flash.

Note: My current plan is to add another Dashmiser and move both up top to the headliner and make a "visor light" out of them. I am in the process of measuring to make sun visor brackets for them.

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
1) That is quite an elaborate setup just to fuel a Dashmiser or two. If you have a serious love for strobes good for you, but if you're just looking to have an effective warning package your time and money could probably be better spent on something LED.

2) Those suction cups were always a serious PITA lol and I'm honestly amazed there is a Dashmiser out there with fully intact Z brackets.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
1) That is quite an elaborate setup just to fuel a Dashmiser or two. If you have a serious love for strobes good for you, but if you're just looking to have an effective warning package your time and money could probably be better spent on something LED.

2) Those suction cups were always a serious PITA lol and I'm honestly amazed there is a Dashmiser out there with fully intact Z brackets.

I thought about going with led but decided against it. After talking with a friend of mine last night, I'm thinking of just having 1 Dashmiser and building a mini Edge bar or mini Freedom or something.

I've owned 3 Dashmisers so far and they've all had complete brackets. Lol. The suction cups amazingly held. It's actually being held up by Scotch Brite 3M interlocking fasteners.

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...ners-1-in-x-3-in-Clear?N=4543+4294924904&rt=d

Not really sure what I want in regards with lights. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krsdog25

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
There are many benefits to LED with the biggest IMO being the minor power consumption LED products draw. I'd also be a little nervous about the flashback of that light on the windshield at night.

If the setup works for you and you like it, great! There aren't many guys left using the older strobe and halogen technology.

Stay safe,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
There are many benefits to LED with the biggest IMO being the minor power consumption LED products draw. I'd also be a little nervous about the flashback of that light on the windshield at night.

If the setup works for you and you like it, great! There aren't many guys left using the older strobe and halogen technology.

If you're interested in any affordable LED lighting, feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you a great discount on some new items with a 5-year warranty.

Stay safe,
Tom

I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking of making a flashback shield to this anyway for the bottom of the light.

I've been thinking of getting a Venom but I haven't decided yet.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Can’t figure out how to edit posts but here some new updates. Added a Firebeam. Daytime video from the old pattern. Changed it to a new pattern on the ILB in the second video.

Not much red shows up on the Firebeam so I’m changing to an all red dome when I find one.

Reactions: Tony P

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
The Firebeam looks ghetto and "whacker" when combined with a full LED build. It looks like you found it at a yard sale or in the basement and decided to just throw it in. Completely out of place in my opinion.

Improvements I'd make if budget allowed:

-Headlight flasher
-Add some white into the grill/intersection lights (Synced modules or duo's)
-If you can change independent modules in the ILB, change 1 or 2 of the modules to white on each side.
-Add some amber to the rear warning (This would obviously be difficult/expensive)
-Tail light flasher

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
The Firebeam looks ghetto and "whacker" when combined with a full LED build. It looks like you found it at a yard sale or in the basement and decided to just throw it in. Completely out of place in my opinion.

Improvements I'd make if budget allowed:

-Headlight flasher
-Add some white into the grill/intersection lights (Synced modules or duo's)
-If you can change independent modules in the ILB, change 1 or 2 of the modules to white on each side.
-Add some amber to the rear warning (This would obviously be difficult/expensive)
-Tail light flasher

Ironically the Firebeam was found at a yard sale we did as a benefit.

An hlf and some more rear Warning is in the works.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If you have a red white dome on the FB. Flip the domes around the red will flash off the mirrors... Doesn't look whacker ish to me...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.