My latest Install 2017 Ford Utility With RotoRay

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
Im sure if you ave face book you have seen this but if not this is the last vehicle i built.... Let me know what you think... Please don't mind the dummy salesmen who hit the rotoray

What you cant see is over 800W of speakers hidden lol

90% all whelen products

Whenen Carbide with OBD2 port , Tracers, Legacy, Ions, Microns,

Only thing provided by ford is the fog lights. witch are still whelen

Also finished this one as well

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
Just wow. What a waste of funds on a buggy
Why do u say that? Did u see the bill? Majority of the lights and sirens were paid for out of this chiefs own pocket. The install time was donated by me And that's in the 40 hour range to say the least. The only thing any funds paid for is a light bar and a few hide aways. Just saying.

Reactions: Doug

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Why do u say that? Did u see the bill? Just saying.

First of all I'd like to say that it looks like a very high-quality install, so u ask why do I say my comment, well..
Whether or not the lights were purchased brand new or not they were purchased at one time, I'm sure there's an apparatus that would be better suited to have a roto ray, and come on, 800 watts of siren.. seriously.?.?. Again, likely a rig that's running one speaker only and would benefit from a bit more audible power.
Now being that this is America and people can spend their money on whatever they choose, and have an opinion on everything, from a first impression standpoint I'd be hard pressed to take whoever gets out of that thing seriously.. not trying to enflame or start a riot, just using as few words as possible on one cup of coffee to justify my comment.
Again, nice install, just too much whacktastic for me...

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
First of all I'd like to say that it looks like a very high-quality install, so u ask why do I say my comment, well..
Whether or not the lights were purchased brand new or not they were purchased at one time, I'm sure there's an apparatus that would be better suited to have a roto ray, and come on, 800 watts of siren.. seriously.?.?. Again, likely a rig that's running one speaker only and would benefit from a bit more audible power.
Now being that this is America and people can spend their money on whatever they choose, and have an opinion on everything, from a first impression standpoint I'd be hard pressed to take whoever gets out of that thing seriously.. not trying to enflame or start a riot, just using as few words as possible on one cup of coffee to justify my comment.
Again, nice install, just too much whacktastic for me...
Thank you,. For the kind words in my install. This chief is the reason I got into this business 14 years ago. He had a bronco with a real Federal Q, air horns, roto-ray. He was the reason people call others squirrels. He has over 50 years in the fire service paid and volunteer he actually converted his home into a firehouse alerting system and house siren and all. Has an antique Fleet engines trucks Rescue Squad ambulance. Fire department is life for him and this was his retirement vehicle. And trust me when I say if he was the chief of the department what do you think is apparatus looks like if his buggy looks like that LOL. I actually spect the vehicle for him and he removed about $5,000 worth of equipment LOL. And to be honest in DC Metro area you can have a thousand watts of siren and people still don't get out of your way. I also was told by many that the rotary was impossible to install on that vehicle so of course I had to do it. Overall thank you again for the comments on the installation I know I didn't give enough background when I listed the video but hopefully you can understand Firehouse is life to some people.

Reactions: Doug

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Very quality work in both videos, and I imagine the roto-ray was a bit of a challenge (however you made it look clean). I agree that some of noisemakers are in excess (800+ watts), though. How come he needs lights/sirens if this is a retirement vehicle?

Reactions: smokeeatertk28
Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
Very quality work in both videos, and I imagine the roto-ray was a bit of a challenge (however you made it look clean). I agree that some of noisemakers are in excess (800+ watts), though. How come he needs lights/sirens if this is a retirement vehicle?
it will be the last vehicle he is in when e retire's

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Sometimes more isn't better...it's just more.

I get the current trend of wanting to stuff as many lights into as many places as possible, but I guess I'm too old and can remember when a lightbar was enough. Now there's front warning, side warning, angled warning, off-axis warning, and all kinds of other warning. I just think it's overkill.

That said, I will echo the sentiments of others on the page. The install does look very clean and well done. Just too much.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.