Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
directly or indirectly?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
On my trip this weekend a large storm came through and knocked out power st intersections... there where utility crews in ms with all red lighting.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so i ordered a replacement part for my weedeater...

tracking "unable to deliver as addressed"

i called the company to advise that my item is back enroute to them becuase they screwed up my address.

lady on the phone says "we go through 6 checks before we ship items, looks like some people arent paying attention..."

YOU THINK?

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Nope, I deal with shipping all the time and nothing surprises me anymore. Stuff get broken and stolen all the time, shippers even have certain now requirements for high value items because they know there employees steal them

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well after the item went "home" they sent it back ups... says its on my front porch now....

now for something fever related, im about to bite the bullet and order two fusion 40s in red/amber for the side windows of the escape. see how they do through factory tint

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
was trying to mpow this weekend... wouldnt stop raining. got my biggest yard started (an acre) and it came a down pour...

hauled everything back to town 8 miles away and it was getting dark but no rain... this yard takes a while to weedeat so i started weedeating it. got 3/4 of it done and jumped on the mower... surprise... rain. i kept mowing in the rain until i saw a bolt of lightning hit streets over from me..... i was 2 blocks from my house so i left. as soon as i hit the drive way hail and 50+ mph winds....

so i was done for the day on that. sunday i went back to the second yard after it got done raining and finished up that yard and the the clutch cable for the blades broke.... so now i have one of those on the way.... i could acutally be making money if crap would quit breaking....

and waiting on Feneix for my lights.... i doubt they will get here today on the day i needed them by.....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
video of the green beacon i got for our command post for yesterday..

friday i just caught the guy who owns the metal shop in town... i got a pipe to go over the end of the cammo poles i use for my HAM stuff and a piece of scrap the right shape for the vaccum mag on the beacon... went to another guy who welded it for a donation..

i have it on the slow rotater pattern... and its 16 feet in the air
this was around 5pm yesterday

starting of "dusk"

night time (from aboput 1 feet away)

and when all the smoke was rolling in from the aerials it gave off a cool conical flash

(may need to go full screen to see it...)

i see now i VVSd the videos LOL ohh well. it was humid and hot as heck...

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Maybe this is news maybe it isn't, but Leader is discontinuing there SAR helmets and will no longer be selling them after 12/2018

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
breaks out in disney song:

"one day my lights will come"

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
20 days and no new posts?

Last weekend after I call out I noticed 1 of my cannons had just upped and quit... double checked wiring after fusion install and it's nothing on my end... emailed feneix for a RMA to send this one back.

Since I don't want to take out the old one wait a week and put the new one back having to dismantle everything 2 times I decided to go the route of having to PAY for a replacement. When they receive the broken one I get a refund. Paid for it today and it's supposed to be here wednesday

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I've got three in a box that failed I need to get sent back still. Ugh
Tks for reminding me.

20 days?... it's all a blur of sand and sun and humidity

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Dealing with federal signal over a latitude warning stick, been back to the factory twice in the last 30 days and is going to have to go back again.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
replacement came in so i drove 24 miles round trip to get it on lunch

setting the patterns now so i can swap it out when i get off to mail the other back...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
anyone else notice the ambers in feneix have changed? i didnt really notice until last night

the ambers in the new cannon and fusions is a yellower brighter color then the ones in the older cannon...

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
anyone else notice the ambers in feneix have changed? i didnt really notice until last night

the ambers in the new cannon and fusions is a yellower brighter color then the ones in the older cannon...

Well I don't run amber and don't have any feniex lights so I can't help

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i bench tested the cannon before sending it back, it never powered up on all three modes....

see here

IMG_0595.JPG

feneix just sent me an email saying "there were some wires loose but it powered up fine, so we're sending it back to you"

HUH?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well that was quick... i sent them that pic and how the light was installed but "it had to be that it was grounding out" got an email back saying they will credit this lighthead for the new one...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
probably because its

my vacation starts in 2 days

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
its a time where you get paid to work, yet your not working

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.