Speed turtle 2.0

Bhard320

Aug 22, 2011
Kendall, NY
So I took a chance and ordered the speed turtle 2.0 even though it says not supported on the website for the 17 Chevy's

does anyone know how to make it work for the 17 Chevy's?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
1. It is a good way to burn up the vehicle computer to use that junk.

2. It will not work with that vehicle per the manufacturer, so I'm sure no one will give you advice here on how to burn your truck up trying.

3. Are you trolling?

Reactions: Station 3

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
+1 on what tsquale said.

I have one for my truck. You can't think of it as a one size fits all flasher. Its actually a really interesting piece of technology. With that said, it (quite literally) encodes itself to a specific vehicle. I've also had more than a few issues with mine and am very hesitant to use it. My truck is on the list for vehicles it'll work with. I only plug it in if required (which for now is very rare for me to need warning lights).

So before you can use it or even program it, you need to plug it into a comptable vehicle and turn said vehicle on. After about 40 seconds it's registered to that vehicle. Then you remove it and hook it up to a computer and plug it back in.

Go switch to another comptable vehicle and it auto erases all previous programming and you start again at square one. Gotta reprogram and it doesn't save the first vehicle settings.

I've tried it on vehicles which are not listed and it didn't work as well.

I'm confident the manufacturer will eventually add more vehicles to it, however from my inquiries about the flasher and issues I've encountered with my vehicle and their limited / very delayed and no resolution responses I cannot hazard a guess when they will.

Personally to me I suspect the owner of that company has a normal 9-5 job and this appears to be more of a side hobby / second income stream...

Also if you search on here you will find other threads discussing this technology.

Bhard320

Aug 22, 2011
Kendall, NY
1. It is a good way to burn up the vehicle computer to use that junk.

2. It will not work with that vehicle per the manufacturer, so I'm sure no one will give you advice here on how to burn your truck up trying.

3. Are you trolling?

Do you have data to support your claim that it will burn up my vehicle?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me avoid this forum. People just bashing with no evidence to support anything. That's the problem with this community, so judgemental.

Bhard320

Aug 22, 2011
Kendall, NY
+1 on what tsquale said.

I have one for my truck. You can't think of it as a one size fits all flasher. Its actually a really interesting piece of technology. With that said, it (quite literally) encodes itself to a specific vehicle. I've also had more than a few issues with mine and am very hesitant to use it. My truck is on the list for vehicles it'll work with. I only plug it in if required (which for now is very rare for me to need warning lights).

So before you can use it or even program it, you need to plug it into a comptable vehicle and turn said vehicle on. After about 40 seconds it's registered to that vehicle. Then you remove it and hook it up to a computer and plug it back in.

Go switch to another comptable vehicle and it auto erases all previous programming and you start again at square one. Gotta reprogram and it doesn't save the first vehicle settings.

I've tried it on vehicles which are not listed and it didn't work as well.

I'm confident the manufacturer will eventually add more vehicles to it, however from my inquiries about the flasher and issues I've encountered with my vehicle and their limited / very delayed and no resolution responses I cannot hazard a guess when they will.

Personally to me I suspect the owner of that company has a normal 9-5 job and this appears to be more of a side hobby / second income stream...

Also if you search on here you will find other threads discussing this technology.

I did a search and nothing helpful came up, I would think that of it was a huge liability someone would have a post with pictures on how it ruined a vehicle.

I'll just sit on it for a little while and see if they update the software to submit the 17 vehicles.

Thank you for a response that's not just bashing and judgemental, it's a rare occurrence on this forum.

pr1042

Dec 19, 2015
DFW
What issues have you had? I purchased one as a test for one of our supervisor vehicles (security department w/ extremely limited use of lighting) and it's worked fairly well for that purpose. We use lights maybe 1-2x a month, more so for on scene presence. Also allows us to have more money for the patrol vehicles

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'm sure I'm forgetting some...

- engine error code thrown when left plugged in and vehicle power cycled (without fail)

- bulb out errors at random. Even when not in use.

- drl overrides the warning flashing mode on front light(s)

- throws major engine bulb and every traction control error when switching between 4wd low and any other mode. Should note it's only happened a handful of times and I cannot always replicate it.

- issues with using air suspension with flasher active.

- flash patterns are kinda messed up overall. Lots of duplication in options

- flash patterns fall out of sync quite a bit.

And most importantly. I'm waiting weeks to months for responses from the manufacturer and no resolution.

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Do you have data to support your claim that it will burn up my vehicle?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me avoid this forum. People just bashing with no evidence to support anything. That's the problem with this community, so judgemental.

I did a search and nothing helpful came up, I would think that of it was a huge liability someone would have a post with pictures on how it ruined a vehicle.

I'll just sit on it for a little while and see if they update the software to submit the 17 vehicles.

Thank you for a response that's not just bashing and judgemental, it's a rare occurrence on this forum.

https://elightbars.org/forums/members/speed-turtle-engineering.28604/

https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/speedturtleengineering-easy-flash.70405/

https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/speedturtle-engineering-flasher-for-ford-and-dodge-ram.70243/

https://elightbars.org/forums/threa...te-lightbar-recommendation.69347/#post-563182

https://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/speed-turtle-2-0-easy-flash-module/#ProductReviews

Jun 28, 2014
Hauppauge, NY
Hi, the Speed Turtle 2.0 doesn't work for any 2017 Chevy models currently. They are expecting to release a software update for certain vehicles at the end of October, there most likely will be some Chevy models included in that update.

Bhard320

Aug 22, 2011
Kendall, NY
I looked at all of those, and nothing really helpful there.

Hi, the Speed Turtle 2.0 doesn't work for any 2017 Chevy models currently. They are expecting to release a software update for certain vehicles at the end of October, there most likely will be some Chevy models included in that update.

I will hold onto it for a few weeks and if it nothing by mid November I'll be returning it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
... and their limited / very delayed and no resolution responses I cannot hazard a guess when they will.

Funny you say that. I sent an email expressing interest in a dealership and they sent one reply. Have not heard from them since. i even sent two follow-up emails but they never bothered to reply.

It seems like a great product but hearing about the issues with the flasher, limited available contact information, and their non-existent support has turned me away.

Reactions: Firefighter6703

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Funny you say that. I sent an email expressing interest in a dealership and they sent one reply. Have not heard from them since. i even sent two follow-up emails but they never bothered to reply.

It seems like a great product but hearing about the issues with the flasher, limited available contact information, and their non-existent support has turned me away.
Yeah... kind of sucks. This has sooo much potential. I'm surprised no other company makes anything close to this.

Reactions: Station 3

RebelLiners

Jan 28, 2012
Attica NY

Same thing for me I dont understand Are they still in business.

Firefighter6703

May 12, 2020
Valdese, NC
If you place this in a 2017 silverado you will have major issues. Im taking mine out tomorrow and to be honest should have looked into the reviews a bit deeper before I installed it. Hopefully there's no permanent damage to my vehicles computer. The one that posted the list of things going wrong with his truck is identical to what's happening to mine and I have the "updated version". The speed turtle is a good idea in theory but honestly its junk I'm sorry to say, at least for this year model. Save your money by a wig wag or something, it's truly not worth it. Two others that i know personally are having the same issues.

Best regards,
Mans whos truck is messed up cause of speed turtle

jarvisbrian36

Dec 2, 2020
I've had one for 3 yrs now and used in 2 different vehicles. Love it

Also know 2 others that have been in use for over a year and 1/2 , with zero issues

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.