2010 Sierra Liberty build

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Ok, so this build started off with my customer getting hosed on a Facebook Liberty buy.
He was told he was buying a full feature liberty, what he got was a Economy or "Dumb" liberty, with Halogen Takedowns and Alleys, and only 2 LIN4 LED's in the front and rear of the bar.

I started off by replacing the Blue stock lenses, with used clear ones. Were not in the best shape, but were better than the blue. Sourced a I/O board, and 6 more Blue LIN4 modules on eBay.
Obtained the Whelen SXTDLED Takedowns, and LR-11 alley lights from here on eLb, and had Wilson convert 6 modules to Amber.
This all sits ontop of a Backrack, using the Backrack L brackets, and Whelen MK9s mounts
ai.imgur.com_dluGaj6.jpg
ai.imgur.com_APoMV6Z.jpg

Inside, I used a Havis(?) Universal console box that we had pulled out of a previous project, along with a Brooking BR-970S(?) control box.
ai.imgur.com_krfoeET.jpg

More Video and Pictures to come

Last edited:
Reactions: NEB and Tony P

Tlauden

Apr 3, 2011
Halifax, PA
Very nice, I have a liberty that I'm installing on a backrack also. Just waiting for the L brackets to get here in the next day or two. Did you have to drill the L brackets to accommodate the wheel mounts or were there existing holes?

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Very nice, I have a liberty that I'm installing on a backrack also. Just waiting for the L brackets to get here in the next day or two. Did you have to drill the L brackets to accommodate the wheel mounts or were there existing holes?
there were existing holes, but I had to englarge them.

I am yet to find a popular modern lightbar in existence that actually fits in the pre-drilled holes. Whelen, Soundoff, Code 3, FedSig, and Feniex all require drilling. I cannot speak for Aerodynics, Jetsonics, SD's or any other vintage bars

Tlauden

Apr 3, 2011
Halifax, PA
there were existing holes, but I had to englarge them.

I am yet to find a popular modern lightbar in existence that actually fits in the pre-drilled holes. Whelen, Soundoff, Code 3, FedSig, and Feniex all require drilling. I cannot speak for Aerodynics, Jetsonics, SD's or any other vintage bars

I figured as much. I saw on backracks site they said modification may be required, I'm assuming the just drilled some holes to look good and figured the end user will make it work how they want....

Thanks though!

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Little update on this guy. Owner got his peepee slapped by the local police last year for not having enough amber while plowing :rolleyes:

Will be modifying this bar into a DUO setup...pictures and Video to come!

Reactions: Azgunguy and Bvfa23

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.