Interior indicator light for warning lights?

the Tasty Cat

Jun 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
Hey all - I'm running a very simple setup with just two lighting stages. I would like some sort of simple indicator inside the truck that basically reminds me if I've got the lights on. Ideally it would be able to show a difference between the two stages. Anything spring to mind?

Many thanks!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Lighted on/ off switch? Lol

Reactions: unlisted

the Tasty Cat

Jun 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
Unfortunately that's not an option in this particular setup - I might just wire two simple lights - just wanted to shout out in case there was a clean/easy way. I know LE often uses a beep every 20 seconds or so - I'd rather have a light if possible.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
How is it not possible. Are you using switches to activate your modes of warning... If not then what are you using to activate them....

Also that beep is coming from a siren control head...

Waiting to hear more so we can offer more ideas....

the Tasty Cat

Jun 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
Thanks J - so I've got six switches mounted in the overhead console, and the lighting control switch is a stage1-off-stage2 rocker; they're Contura V switches, and unfortunately I can't find any Contura Vs that are lighted for both directions, just one. But - it would be very easy for me to run power from the two stages when they're on, which is why I thought of a small light somewhere. I'm sure there are other rocker switches that will light in either direction, but I do want to keep things a little streamlined so I'm really pretty stuck with what I've got.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
can you post a pic of the factory switch panel?

does it look like this?

ai.pinimg.com_236x_cd_91_63_cd9163ac388295a6082c12ce31e12681___tacoma_tacoma_x.jpg

or this...

acimg5.ibsrv.net_gimg_www.f150forum.com_vbulletin_800x533_80_2838e9049c45ded029d35d0fefb9eb4ed.jpg

the Tasty Cat

Jun 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
Sorry all, I wasn't thinking clearly earlier - it's been nonstop since 5 this morning. All my conturas do have two lights, but with one exception I'm using them all for backlights or they disappear at night. I think such an external LED is going to be my best bet here - flashback at night is obvious but I'm thinking about daylight.

So if I used one of those indicator lights, I could just flush-mount it anywhere on the dash? Seems pretty straightforward. Thanks all!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If you really wanted an audible alarm tie a relay into the seat belt reminder lol

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Stick your head out the window and see if the lights are on. Problem solved.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
My dept’s fleet mechanics use the Whelen OS lights as indicator lights. They work pretty well and cost about $20

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.