EVOC lateral

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
Got a question. I did a lateral between departments from one to another within the same county. The new department is saying they will NOT accept my evoc (emergency vehicle operator’s course) trainings and I have to wait until they offer the course before I can use my POV or start on the first engine. Is it common place to honor training courses and permits from other departments within your county? I would understand if I was from another state but.... I’m not. Thoughts?

Sounds like it might be a Department insurance policy thing.

I think the comparable thing here in the UK is Forklift training. Some Forklift training is accepted as a National standard and you can use that Certificate and training anywhere. Then again you have forklift training that may only be accepted by one or two companies, as it is not a National standard.

I'm of the opinion that it should EVOC should be operated at a State level, so that everyone is on the same page.

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
In my area most classes like what you’re describing are offered by the state office of fire prevention and control, that being said those “state” courses are typically honored but my department runs it’s own “pump operator” course which I would NOT expect any other agency to recognize.

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
So far it has been very difficult how things work at this new department. My old department had rules and policies. This new department seems more of a good ole boy system and if they don’t like you it’s harder to get equipment. I don’t think they dislike me but I’m the new guy and I have to prove myself. I honestly think it’s more about who kisses ass more and less about paperwork.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
TN is state wide... "allegedly" we started the standard with Vanessa K Free years ago.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
So far it has been very difficult how things work at this new department. My old department had rules and policies. This new department seems more of a good ole boy system and if they don’t like you it’s harder to get equipment. I don’t think they dislike me but I’m the new guy and I have to prove myself. I honestly think it’s more about who kisses ass more and less about paperwork.
And those are the departments to avoid like the plague.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
And those are the departments to avoid like the plague.

They are also the departments that will get someone killed or one of their own killed...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.