2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 CCSB

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
Hello all,

This vehicle is my POV and upfit as a backup Chiefs buggy as my fire dept (vol) issues a vehicle to it’s Chiefs. Due to some of the restrictions in the SOG, I decided I wanted to be able to respond when in my POV and got approval by the current Chief of Department to do so.

Currently Installed

Front
Feniex Fusion ILB Red w/takedown
Feniex Cobra 400 Red in grill
Whelen SA315 speaker
Feniex T3 Red in fog light area
Vehicle specific NMO fender mount
Unity Spotlight with Whelen LED 2 degree lamp (WTT FOR WHELEN RED/WHITE COMBO)

Sides
Whelen ION Red/Blue in rear door windows

Rear
Sound Off Signal Ultralite 12 stick RRAAAAAAAABB in back window

Interior
Speedturtle OEM light flasher
Mode 2 rear brake and CHIMSL
Mode 1 same as 2 with reverse and fog lights
Jotto Desk Vehicle Specific Console
Whelen 295SLSA6
Motorola CDM1250 UHF Mobile
Motorola HT series portable charger
Uniden Bearcat Scanner to window mount antenna

I do have plans to eventually upgrade the side warning but at this point it is all I can afford/justify due to the amount the vehicle is actually used to respond.

Attachments

• AB7714DB-9C1E-485F-8822-29BD53E514C4.jpeg
    AB7714DB-9C1E-485F-8822-29BD53E514C4.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 6D0428DA-5359-4AFC-AB87-BBA878438639.jpeg
    6D0428DA-5359-4AFC-AB87-BBA878438639.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 81
  • BB4854CC-247E-470F-961D-D53B71D34D73.jpeg
    BB4854CC-247E-470F-961D-D53B71D34D73.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 97
  • F72EAA27-DC8E-4559-B3E1-0101E53BFDEA.jpeg
    F72EAA27-DC8E-4559-B3E1-0101E53BFDEA.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 96

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Not bad. Do you have a video?
Also, are the T3’s in the fog pointed sideways for intersection? I didn’t see them in the pics

Besides adding some side warning down the road, I’d suggest a HLF/wigwag instead of flashing the fog lights and replace the cobra 400 with 2 ions/fusions on each side of the Chevy ribbon.

As for the unity light, I wouldn’t waste effort looking for a combo red/white replacement....I think that they’re silly and never see them pointed in the right direction when they’re being flashed

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
As for the unity light, I wouldn’t waste effort looking for a combo red/white replacement....I think that they’re silly and never see them pointed in the right direction when they’re being flashed

This. They are STUPID bright, but unless you're going for an old school California motif & leaving it fixed directly facing the front, it won't ever get to put out the intended warning capabilities given the swiveling. Just my opinions.

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
Not bad. Do you have a video?
Also, are the T3’s in the fog pointed sideways for intersection? I didn’t see them in the pics

Besides adding some side warning down the road, I’d suggest a HLF/wigwag instead of flashing the fog lights and replace the cobra 400 with 2 ions/fusions on each side of the Chevy ribbon.

Thanks for the reply,

I apologize as I have a Sound Off HLF installed just forgot it on the list LOL

Appreciate your opinion on the Unity replacement but I have one on my dept issued buggy and there is a difference between when I use it and when I don't but I do agree sometimes pointing it can be challenging.

Night video is a little old but the rear is still configured that way and the day shows the orientation of the T3s, which are toward the sides of the truck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
This. They are STUPID bright, but unless you're going for an old school California motif & leaving it fixed directly facing the front, it won't ever get to put out the intended warning capabilities given the swiveling. Just my opinions.

Appreciate your opinion too, but like I said in the first reply I have one on the vehicle the dept issued and it works awesome, even with having to swing it out everytime

Reactions: FiremanSketch

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Videos are a little old? we havnt had snow in 3 months.... ;)
Gotta get all 3 of um together for a #UnityGang picture

Reactions: Bvfa23
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Only thing I'd like to see is a little less white to the front - maybe if the fogs were a red HAW and alternating...also flashing the 3rd brake light is usually a no-no. I'd see if you can just disable that from flashing. Other than like looks pretty good.

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
Little Update,

Was able to find a P46S2R and two more red/blue ions.

Current front/side video included

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.