SS2000 siren tone issue

Jsherman88

Nov 30, 2014
NY
Hello,

I just moved my smart siren ss2000 from my old car to a new one. The siren worked fine with no problems while in that car. After finishing all the connections in the new car I tested all the siren tones with the controller and had no issues. I shut the system down and then finished cleaning everything up. Now the controller will only activate wail, prty, and man, but will not activate yelp or the airhorn. I tried a different control head and that activated all the tones. All the connections for power, ground, and to the control are (appear) solid. What would be causing this given the control head worked in the old car? Any thoughts, tips, help are greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Jsherman88

Nov 30, 2014
NY
It may help other members if you post the resolution
Good call. Spoke to them for a while on the phone. Ran through a whole bunch of possibilities which I had already tested (faulty ground/other connections, faulty telephone cable, listened for siren tones in the amp but not transferring to the speaker). All of those were verified as being not the problem. Reopened up the siren amp and cleaned everything out there and opened up the control head and cleaned out there too, and now (knock on wood) working without problems. A testament to their products is federal still offering phone support for such old equipment, very helpful on the phone.

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.