2019 Tahoe SSV

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
This is my first install in a couple of years since leaving my part-time install job.
2019 Chevy Tahoe SSV admin unit.

Poor video sorry

Front
Inner Edge ISFW45Z WeCan red with takedowns
4 ION duos red/white on IONBKT7
2 M4s Red with white driving lights
2 SA315p speakers
SAK63p and SAK63d brackets
2 IONs red/white surface mount on bumper
1 Setina bumper
Factor wig/wags

Sides
Tracers DUO red/white
IONs red rear window

Rear
Inner Edge ITRAYW8 WeCan red look amber in video
2 ION DUO red/amber
factory traffic backers

Siren
HHS4200 with handheld controller

Other stuff
charge guard
blue sea fuse block
Havis C-VS-1000-GMC-1 console
magnetic mic x 2

Radio
EF Johnson Viking VM900 Mobile vhf/800 remote head
panorama antenna

900 console.jpg

900 radio.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
purty...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks great. I just wish the 4 Grill ions were synced to flash all 4 red —> all 4 clear (much larger footprint and more eye catching IMO).

The stealth graphics look cool on the black tahoe, but I think it’s silly to have ghost graphics on Fire & OEM vehicles. I know it’s ultimately the customer’s call (not the installers fault); I just don’t see the need for stealth graphics on anything other than slicktop LE vehicles that are trying to avoid standing out too much (ie DUI enforcement)

kc1aei

Jan 25, 2018
MA
I LOVE the Tahoe platform. Sure, it's huge and boxy, but that's exactly what I'd be looking for. It's got the power plant to back it up and plenty of room for equipment. Only thing I don't like is the split pattern on those M4s (M6s?) in the fog light area... Sure, more lighting from each head, but you're also losing half of your warning power. Granted, down low, that doesn't really matter, but that's just my preference. Everything else looks fantastic, including the Tracers and that rear inner edge.

Which of those two interior bars is using your CANPort on the HHS? The more I think about it, the more I realize it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious, considering you have two WeCan capable units.

Great install!

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
This is the director/chief unit. Mostly on scene lighting with very little response. This is the first new admin vehicle in a long time and will be handed down in later years.
The M4s are not able to sync without an external flasher so thats the best pattern to look right.
Both inner edges are using the CANPort. just build two in the software

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
This is the director/chief unit. Mostly on scene lighting with very little response. This is the first new admin vehicle in a long time and will be handed down in later years.
The M4s are not able to sync without an external flasher so thats the best pattern to look right.

How does that work if there's only one WECAN port on the controller?

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I'm not a fan of Tahoe's for LE, but for Fire I think they're perfect. Here's a classic "I want it to look like a cop car" whacker though. Not your fault, but stupid nonetheless.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Not really sure what your trying to say. But never less everyone has there opinion.

Don't really know what he's talking about with the "Tahoes not for police" stuff, but I do see how the customer tried to make it look police-like.

Ghost graphics on a vehicle with a push bar is bad enough, but on a fire/ems vehicle? I don't understand it. They aren't blending in with anyone with that push bar, and I've never understood why fire/ems feels the need to blend in anyway.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Don't really know what he's talking about with the "Tahoes not for police" stuff...
Agreed. Most of the Officers i know hate the PIU, but nowhere near as much as the PIS or the Charger Pursuit. The ones that dont hate the PIS or Charger are about 5'4, and <140lbs. lol

IMO, The only thing keeping officers in the PI models is the price tag...when you're Beating the competition on state bid by $7-10k, you're gonna move more units...

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
For the average local or state cop, the Tahoe is too big, too truck like, too slow, and from an administrative standpoint, too expensive. I like the PIU personally. Size of an SUV, driving characteristics of a car, price that's cheaper than the competition even with the turbo motor.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
For the average local or state cop, the Tahoe is too big, too truck like, too slow, and from an administrative standpoint, too expensive. I like the PIU personally. Size of an SUV, driving characteristics of a car, price that's cheaper than the competition even with the turbo motor.

That’s an over-generalized statement, because it depends on where they work & what their assignment typically is. If they work in a rural area or an area subject to extreme weather like heavy winters (both can apply to half of the USA), then the tahoe is not necessarily too big or trucklike for an average LEO. On the other hand, the job is solely highway patrol in an area with relatively mild weather year round, then that’s a different story.

At government/fleet pricing, the tahoe is not that much more than some of the PPV-type alternatives, and it typically has a higher resale value when they’re retired from service and auctioned off. Also, from a safety standpoint, if I’m gonna be in a crash, I’d rather be in a body on frame vehicle than a unibody. There are a lot of factors to consider beyond just the initial sticker price comparison.

a1emt

Mar 24, 2019
WI
Nice install, thanks for sharing! I am currently planning an install on the same vehicle. When looking at the photo of the radio transciever and all the components, I cannot place exactly where this is? Is this under the 2nd. row seats?

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD

I'm curious as to how you tied this together. Essentially you tied the whites and greens together then tied it into the Canport. if you have some other pictures of the inputs to the Canport id love to see them. This could save us some time and headache on an install we have coming up on a 2019 Tahoe. Thanks!

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
I'm curious as to how you tied this together. Essentially you tied the whites and greens together then tied it into the Canport. if you have some other pictures of the inputs to the Canport id love to see them. This could save us some time and headache on an install we have coming up on a 2019 Tahoe. Thanks!

Yes both inner bars are tied together at the canport just like you have listed. In the command software you design two inner edges and make your flash patterns. ill see if i can catch the boss but its not easy sometimes.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Yes both inner bars are tied together at the canport just like you have listed. In the command software you design two inner edges and make your flash patterns. ill see if i can catch the boss but its not easy sometimes.

Cool! I figured since it only had one port you could only plug in one or the other. That’ll help greatly limiting wiring and doing more that I want for flash patterns! If you get more details please share!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.