Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
and not a single siren was heard that day

Reactions: JazzDad

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
It gets really good at 4:53. (It's a wonder this driver didn't kill someone.)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Gets my vote for Most Insane Driver of the Year award. (See the bike @ 1:23.)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Holy CRAP!!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
why didnt they site the train for failure to yield?............... (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha haha)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Couple of rounded-line brush trucks in New Hampshire:

Reactions: CrownVic97

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
What the heck is on that truck at 4:43?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
8.5/10 on the lights. Passable flash patterns on the LEDs but they're 1st-gen and not synchronized, and I do very much like the oscillating SLR beacons. And any Centurion without too many empty sections is just, like, idk this world just needs more of them or something, extra points for that. Steady burn red could be brighter but at least it's symmetrical. (Lower level left and right of lightbar, washed out by the sun and video quality.) Intersection warning is adequate but could be better.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
And any Centurion without too many empty sections is just, like, idk this world just needs more of them or something, extra points for that.
They are great for light output and durability...but MY GOD does taking the lenses off these bars suck a giant ass! Trust me....I've been through this pain. Worst lense securing design by Whelen.....PERIOD.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The wig-wags garner the most attention.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Dutch fire truck with an AeroTwin:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like the stutter-two tone.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
At least they don't use that stupid 3 tone that France uses. (Too much time with no warning sound.)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
What was that? National "Take Out Every Piece of Equipment Day"?

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
France is using only two tone sounds but have five different sounds.

One for the Police, one for the Gendarmerie, one for the Fire Service, one for the UMH/SAMU ( mobile hospitals/emergency ambulances) and one for the private ambulances/medical transports).

It is the latter one that use two tones in sequence of three with a gap between these groups of sounds.
420hz + 516hz + 420hz + 1,5 second gap.

I can agree of that this siren sounds stupid but these ambulances are not emergency ambulances and have not the same priority in traffic.
Probably because of the lower priority the siren sound different than high priority vehicles.

Michael

Some oddballs in this, even for the UK. Some new vehicles, old vehicles, total variety of light setups and an old Met Police Vauhxall Zafira (It's the black unmarked one) with one of my favourite sirens on it.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The Beemer at 3:04 with red to the rear, while moving! I knew I've seen it. Another at 11:53.

I like the big vans with 2 bars on them.

What's the tiny red Ford at 4:06?

Last edited:
What's the tiny red Ford at 4:06?
DPG - Diplomatic Protection Group and I believe it's a 2018 Ford C-Max

I agree of that it sounds good.
Do you know of what siren that is, exactly?

Michael
It's a mystery one really, some people think it's an Old Redtronic, others think it's a Premier Hazard variant. I'd lean towards Redtronic personally.

Here's a better example of it:

Reactions: classifieds869294

Snibsey

Sep 12, 2012
UK
A photo of a preserved Nottingham City Fire Brigade appliance. It entered service in 1940, and you'll notice that the vehicle was equipped with a mechanical siren. At the time Nottingham City was unique in Britain for using sirens rather than bells on all its emergency vehicles..

Attachments

• city of nottingham fire brigade.png
    city of nottingham fire brigade.png
    472.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: SomeBloke

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
1. Good job chocking the tires before righting that vehicle.

2. They'd always be in sync if you hooked each horn relay to the individual light circuit.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
At least the beacons all work:

Reactions: CrownVic97

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.