Old whelen strobe lights-is there a market for them?

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
I have been doing a little cleaning out in the shop and as I was filling up a large rolling trash can I ran across several items. I almost threw them away but I wanted to ask your opinions if they are worth listing on eBay or just a waste of time?
In the pics there is a red and a blue whelen mini max beam linear strobe set. They have a metal housin. Also pictured is a chrome red red micro grille master. Shortly after I took these pics I found it’s blue mate. I remember that I got these in a lot with several other lights that I had purchased for a friend who was restoring a late 80s or early 90s Texas DPS mustang, just like the one that he drove years ago. He wanted the original lights and the only ones I could find came in a lot with these items.
I also ran across a few older whelen corner J style edge 9000 tubes with pretty decent reflectors and some haligen flashers from the same era.
Is there a market for any of it? And if so what would a fair price for a seller and a buyer be?

Attachments

• 1A262DE1-0404-4A2D-8EBB-B2842CF920C3.jpeg
    1A262DE1-0404-4A2D-8EBB-B2842CF920C3.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 11
  • 516ECCEC-9CE8-4064-81ED-B7FC6C6B7D0E.jpeg
    516ECCEC-9CE8-4064-81ED-B7FC6C6B7D0E.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 48057879-7676-4929-BEB2-BBC98EC67B80.jpeg
    48057879-7676-4929-BEB2-BBC98EC67B80.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 3EC1625F-D075-4110-A9DD-251EDAD53204.jpeg
    3EC1625F-D075-4110-A9DD-251EDAD53204.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: OliverD

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I would certainly not dispose of them.
Why not put an ad up the forums and take best offer? To someone in need of these for a restoration, you would be a hero/angel!

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
I would certainly not dispose of them.
Why not put an ad up the forums and take best offer? To someone in need of these for a restoration, you would be a hero/angel!

Good point, I only suggested eBay because for 1 I didn’t Know if it would be desirable to people here and 2 I like the idea of the highest bidder when I don’t know the value of a item, the funds aide projects that are usually donated or sold at cost depending on the department. I do make a little extra change off the amber stuff and parts I sell but usually put it right back into a project. I often find my self doing builds just to see how the idea turns out, then letting it go to do another.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I totally understand where you are coming from, you may do very well on the bay with these. I know I commonly saw both of these types of heads side mounted on motors back in the day up here in the Northeast, but like all things, they are only valuable if someone wants them. I’d just hate to see them end up in the trash as they appear in very decent condition for vintage strobe heads.
Good luck sir

Reactions: LenH

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Instead of throwing things away, even if you think they have no value at all, first please consider offering them here for "free plus shipping." Because of this fantastic community, I have found homes for so many things that others were throwing out.

Reactions: LenH

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Instead of throwing things away, even if you think they have no value at all, first please consider offering them here for "free plus shipping." Because of this fantastic community, I have found homes for so many things that others were throwing out.

There are times I’ll be able to do that but rite now Time is something I don’t have to pack extra items up, I’m just selling what I can to fund projects because the new shop being built is a little over budget.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.