Well heres the haul i got from tyler fire :)

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
And all for roughly 41.00

Sooooo as I stated yesterday that a local equipment place was having a clearance/inventory sale, sooooo heres what little me gots :)

Ended up with:
2 new in bag amber 52 series lenses
2 brand new GREEN lp6000 rotators
9 brand new cylindrical blue filters
1 56" code 3/force 4 xl lightbar

And a friend that I was there with surprised me with a 48" whelen edge in red with the center pierce alert 2 (I think that's the one, it's the sweep style light)

These will join my never ending collection (I gotta stop buying these things lol)20190728_171707.jpg20190728_171717.jpg20190728_171658.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Nice small haul, man! Nothing wrong with that at all :D

Reactions: EHFD_Tower_751
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I was kinda iffy for the bar, cause I didn't test before I bought.

But I got it home and tried it and works great, just has a little damage one the one some that I gotta replace.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I was kinda iffy for the bar, cause I didn't test before I bought.

But I got it home and tried it and works great, just has a little damage one the one some that I gotta replace.
Is that the Whelen or Code 3 bar? At least it's minor stuff, so no huge issues there.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Code 3 bar

The edge bar I'm having an issue with, I get clicking noise when I put power to wires, but nothing as far as lights firing or the pierce alert sweeping.

I'm confused with this bar

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Code 3 bar

The edge bar I'm having an issue with, I get clicking noise when I put power to wires, but nothing as far as lights firing or the pierce alert sweeping.

I'm confused with this bar

I've used this time & time again for Edge bars. Just follow the color codes carefully ;-)
download.jpg

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Is it possible the strobes are dead and the supply is trying to fire and nothing's happening?

I'm hoping. I have another edge bar that works great, so I'm gonna try all strobes in that bar. Hopefully they all work and it's just the supply that's bad.

Heck even the pierce alert dont light up or sweep :(

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
You may want to open it up and look at the harnesses. Make sure they are not changed around from factory.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I'm hoping. I have another edge bar that works great, so I'm gonna try all strobes in that bar. Hopefully they all work and it's just the supply that's bad.

Heck even the pierce alert dont light up or sweep :(
True the Pierce alert is not connected to the power supply it should light up and sweep, strange, I say disconnect the heads and go one connector at a time with a working strobe after checking fuses and wires... Odd.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Final verdict is all strobes work great with the pierce alert still dont do nuttin.

Still wonder if I should replace all the fuses with new ones, even though the fuses are all good

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.