Wanted Rebuilding Federal Signal Streethawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
Hey all, I am working on a unique project where I am not only rebuilding an old streethawk, but I am going to convert it to all LED while I am at it. Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get some spare parts for it. Thanks in advance!

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
i've got a bar with clear domes that are in very good condition almost perfect. they are yours if you pay shipping. also lower level lenses, mounting feet, etc.

-Bob

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
how exactly are you going to convert it to led.. they had the Cuda LED panels to replace flashers..

Reactions: soutthpaw
Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
The rotator halogen bulbs are standard H1 bulbs, which come in LED. The inboard flashers are a standard halogen 796 bulb which also comes in LED. Then just switch out the flasher relays from the standard mechanical to electronic LED flasher modules. I have all this done and running. Looks awesome. just waiting on more lenses, gaskets, and mirror reflectors to come in so I can finish. (Now you have grandpas secret sauce)!

soutthpaw

May 2, 2018
Sparks, NV
most LED replacement bulbs like the H1 do not give 360 degree equal light and its much more focused than a halogen light. Your results with swapping the bulbs on the rotators may be unsatisfactory so I suggest testing one first and see. I tried several different LED 3156 bulbs for incandescent directional bar and it just did not fully iluminate the reflector space equally

Reactions: Jarred J.
Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
Looks like those are gonna be pointless on the rotators, cause the only real bright spot is on top.
Out of curiosity, why would you think that the top LED is brighter than the rest of the multiple LED's all around the bulb? Can't see a difference in brightness from my end....video to follow upon completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.