GE-Powercall

Twist131

Nov 15, 2019
PA
Was hoping someone could help me out. I have a GE-Powercall sure currently in use on one of our first our vehicles. The siren is is working condition how ever the warble tone it’s self is not as higher pitched as most GE’s I’ve seen. Not sure if this is a resistor problem or not!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The pitch does sound off on that. A member here @MtnMan repairs sirens. Being that it is a Powercall, the Fierstein Brand (who took over Powercall rights and production) also repairs Powercalls.

Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
The pitch does sound off on that. A member here @MtnMan repairs sirens. Being that it is a Powercall, the Fierstein Brand (who took over Powercall rights and production) also repairs Powercalls.
May sound crazy, by am a "process of elimination" person. The problem is the "sound" which is where your speaker comes in. Wouldn't hurt trying that first (swapping with a different speaker) before migrating up to the more expensive components.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
The Power Call siren was designed to have customizable tones by substituting caps and resistors in the oscillator circuit. There's a page in the manual that describes ranges of values for R36, R41, C9 and C10.

So, it's possible that that your siren was intentionally modified, or it could just be a component that's drifted out of spec over the years.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.