Federal Signal Sentry Magnetic Plug

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
I've decided I want a Federal Signal Sentry for my vehicle light. I haven't been able to find the magnetic mount 175FPM model in blue that is wired for a cigarette plug, but I found a new one with permanent mount on clearance from a vendor that has a direct wire. I found a second one for parts cheap on E-bay. All I need now in a cigarette plug to install. There is a magnetic mount kit for the light, including a cigarette plug to switch out with the permenant wire, but I can't find it online.

Can someone point me in the direction of a cigarette plug wire that has the connections needed to switch out with the direct wire?

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
Turns out I bought the wrong light for parts.

The light I want to use has eyelets attached to a riveted connection, and ending in plugs, and I want to install a cigarette plug. Does anyone know a good source for an approximate 8 foot curly 12v cord with cigarette plug. If pictures would help please let me know.

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
How difficult is it to remove the rivet the cord eyelets lead into? Or is it worth just finding the right electrical connection?

I was going to pull the magnet from the parts Sentry I ordered. I'm afraid the magnet won't be strong enough for my purposes. Is there a standard strength for rooflight magnets so I know what benchmark Ill need to exceed?

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
Finditparts.com ... search for federal signal magnet

Several kits there ... if not for that unit than at least similar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.