10-75_Da_Box's Collection

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
Just starting out with collecting. Been wanting to get into it for a while.

First piece of my collection is the Federal Signal FireBeam 3. Picked this up off Facebook a about a year or so ago. Has a Chicago Police property tag.

The Vista bar was a dumpster save from my FD, needs a little work. one of the sweeps keeps blowing a fuse, and it needs a new wiring harness.

The Model 17 Beacon Ray is my third piece.

The model 15 is my fourth piece, needs a little cleaning but its in pretty good shape, and has a glass dome. The glass dome is the main reason I picked up this light.

Attachments

• BeaconRay17.jpg
    BeaconRay17.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 14
  • BeaconRayJr15.jpg
    BeaconRayJr15.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 18
  • BeaconRays.jpg
    BeaconRays.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 22
  • CPDFB3.jpg
    CPDFB3.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 24
  • CPDFB3-2.jpg
    CPDFB3-2.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 27
  • VistaBar.jpg
    VistaBar.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 27

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Just starting out with collecting. Been wanting to get into it for a while.

First piece of my collection is the Federal Signal FireBeam 3. Picked this up off Facebook a about a year or so ago. Has a Chicago Police property tag.

Does anyone actually track those inventory numbers? We had them on our PD equipment but I was never aware of a database for the numbers.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Does anyone actually track those inventory numbers? We had them on our PD equipment but I was never aware of a database for the numbers.

Valid question actually, typically when something was asset tagged in my department it really only revealed general information. Date of purchase, Vendor, and who or where the asset was assigned. Rarely ever did the assignment part get updated, used mostly for any warranty work. Eventually over time it would be depreciated for budgeting until it was written off.

Reactions: Phillyrube

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls

The county I work for all that inventory stuff is done by our "store room" at our central services division. However, we don't use the asset tags any more. I think they just record the serial number down now.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Ours was pretty simple. the tag number pretty much identified it in a spreadsheet that had all of the information in it. Mostly for inventory control.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.